What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's taking the order?

Just wondering, what happened to the Nep list?
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vistary @ April 21 2004,11:30)]jason:  u r from poly?
No, I'm from United World College of South East Asia (UWCSEA) - international school
smile.gif

Phew, I was afraid that you guys would have already had ordered the cps from best carnivores...I didn't have access to the computer as I was in Thailand competing in a badminton tournament (They don't have a single com in the whole of the building)...
wink.gif
I saw some interesting 'bare root' (probably ripped out of the soil) neps while I was there. Poor things, they were lying in wet newspaper and looked half dead!
wow.gif

Jason

So when you guys planning to order?

If you decide on a date, tell me alright?
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
Because I am going on exams next week and likely to miss out on the latest news around here (which is always in abundance)
wink.gif

alovandras are not carnivorous, right?

Now I need to go see what they got for sale...stupid spyware slowing down my computer!
wink.gif

Aldrovanda is a confirmed carnivorous plant.
smile.gif

Oooh...I want to see it!
biggrin.gif

Now let me see...where can I find it...
wink.gif

I'll take some aldrovanda (did I spell it right?)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Maybe 5 or 10. I kind of like aquatic plants, and the idea of cp aquatic sounds like of cool, but I don't really have any experience in growing these species (or any other aquatic plants for that matter), so i'll have to learn.
(I had a U.gibba a few months ago from Hong Yee but I think it just sank underneath the water and 'died' due to my care
biggrin.gif
...now i'm trying to regenerate it! Maybe I kept it in a bottle for too long...still don't see what the problem is though...
wink.gif

Jason

I'll take some aldrovanda (did I spell it right?)
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Maybe 5 or 10. I kind of like aquatic plants, and the idea of cp aquatic sounds like of cool, but I don't really have any experience in growing these species (or any other aquatic plants for that matter), so i'll have to learn.
(I had a U.gibba a few months ago from Hong Yee but I think it just sank underneath the water and 'died' due to my care
biggrin.gif
...now i'm trying to regenerate it! Maybe I kept it in a bottle for too long...still don't see what the problem is though...
wink.gif

*Going to sleep*
wink.gif

Jason

i juz bot the diatomite(2 packets at $5 each). It kinda weird that the local nurseries don't sell them but the salvation army does
rock.gif

I've the media ready for the pings arrival
laugh.gif

Anyway, how's the order getting along?

May I know who would be consolidating the order?
smile.gif

Hey why dont we wait till they update the page? there might be more plants and some special offers and prices for the ceph and VFT???
what do u guyz think?
i might take some Aldrovanda
they seem quite pricey, im a student... what are the exchange rates?

also who is taking the "free plant bonus"  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

I think ebeyonder is taking the order..
i would luv to do so, but I've been ordering lotsa other stuff from the net. My parents will nag at me for overspending if another parcel comes to my house again
tounge.gif

I don't mind but can everyone indicate what he wants on this page asap and confirm? A phytosanitary cert is I think another 25EUR. So, confirm ur list here pls
smile.gif

I'll order the following:
P. laueana {SP3; very red plants} / EUR 12

Anyone wants to share so that we will have more varieties?

ebeyonder: your webpg is cool!!

How much are EUROs in sing $
rock.gif

Also, what is diatomite and where can I find it? Sterile or not?

Just curious, why'd you guys choose to order from best carnivores?
wink.gif

(Good pricing for shipping or what?)
wink.gif

Darn I forgot that three ?s together is a smiley icon...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

vistary: all the way from Europe and that's all u're ordering?
biggrin.gif

I don't mind sharing if u don't mind taking a sundew for a ping. I think I'll take one adelae and one binata, and perhaps some of guqin's aldrovena (sp?) if enough pple are sharing.

Thks for visiting my website; I've added some videos -- hopefully those work.
smile.gif

Jason: the reason why we chose Bestcarnivores is becos the phytosanitary cert is cheap; Australia may be nearer but whatever savings in transport costs are rendered illusory byt the cost of the certs... AUD100 odd!!!

Eur to Sing is 1:2 I think.

Ebeyonder: thanks for the info + nice website!

1EURO : 2SING$? Not bad for up to 10 plants...considering others like Hong Yee have such high prices...
wink.gif

i was thinking of having some adelae too, i already have binata and some cuttings (many died to sudden change of humidity) but it isnt so healthy so maybe i can have just 1 Binata plant
so now maybe i can have:
binata if shared
adelae
some aldrovena
some VFTs and some pings

im waiting for the update list

BTW nice webbie ebeyonder!!

Back