What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling ontario cp society...!

• Thread starter cchang
  • Start date
I tried emailing many of you guys in the OCPS but haven't heard anything yet...

Everybody ok?

Seedling
Zongyi
Sib

Everybody? Anybody?

oh... didn't know about that website... but then again, I've been pretty out of it lately.

Yeah, I just caught him through email and am updated on events...

biggrin.gif

I'm not, would it be indiscrete to ask what happened? I'm pretty saddened to know he'll out of cp buisness, I bought him one nep already and was looking forward to continue once winter had passed.

Don't count him out yet. Life throws us curves and sometimes our hobbies and interests need to be put aside to take care of other priorities.

In the mean time, I've offered to help print and distribute the next OCPS newsletter. Also would like to organize a trip to the annual Canada Blooms in Toronto... similar to what we did last year.

biggrin.gif

Glad to hear it, I hope things will get better soon.

Hi everyone. Did you recieve my reply Charles? I will probably be going to the Canada Blooms show, don't know the exact day tho. So far, winter, school, some games and the lack of room have held me back on this hobby. Just wait till spring arrives and I can move most of my plants outside
biggrin.gif

I havn't heard from Andre, Syble or Jocelyn for a while. I tried to contact Jocelyn, and he replied, but I dont know if he's recieving my replies (if I remember, he had comp problems befor). Hope everyone is Ok. Zongyi

Well the OCPS seems to have fizzled to a stop -- I've gotten nada via mail or email for ages.

Taking matters into my own hands  
smile_n_32.gif

Early summer I'll probably have a few fledgling N x ventrata (if you don't have 100 already) and maybe N rafflesiana (possibly an unknown hybrid) if anyone wants to trade something. I'm interested in any other Neps and maybe sundews (had no luck trying seeds for those.)
Rebecca

PS: Probably attending Canada Blooms... what happened last year? Did everyone meet up and is there a plan this time? Cheers

Welcome to the forums, Rebecca (although with a name like "lurx" I imagine you've been about already ;))

we seem to have a little network starting to build up, I have traded with almost al of the active Canadian members here....

I will likely have some Sundews to trade once the weather gets better, and I'm starting some Sarrs in about a week, so I will hopefully have lots of stuff to trade up here in the Great White North- we should maybe try to start a "collectors club" here, online, just to keep in touch more easily, I've started Canadian threads on a few other boards I visit and it seems to help, since there're usually only a few Canucks in most places it seems...

Thanks for the link to the Yahoo maillist.

No problem.
It has been pretty quiet "during dormancy" though....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zongyi_Yang @ Jan. 25 2005,8:05)]Hi everyone. Did you recieve my reply Charles? I will probably be going to the Canada Blooms show, don't know the exact day tho. So far, winter, school, some games and the lack of room have held me back on this hobby. Just wait till spring arrives and I can move most of my plants outside
biggrin.gif

I havn't heard from Andre, Syble or Jocelyn for a while. I tried to contact Jocelyn, and he replied, but I dont know if he's recieving my replies (if I remember, he had comp problems befor). Hope everyone is Ok. Zongyi
Hi Zongyi... I don't recall seeing your email... but that's ok, I caught you here.

Just as an update to all members of the OCPS, Andre is taking a break for the moment due to personal matters. I'm just starting to find my balance again since starting a new family and have offered to help out in the interim.

The next issue of the newsletter is done... we're just having a little technical difficulty with the distribution. Sib will snail mail me the software and digital copy; I'll see what I can do with it to get it out to all the OCPS members.

Lurx, I helped organize a Canada Blooms trip last year. About 5 of us got together to see the show and had a great time. I was hoping to do the same again but I just learned that my wife is having oral surgery on the same day the show opens!!! Sib and I talked about it and we touched on possibly organizing an OCPS meeting in April (???)...

Charles

My sympathies to your wife and her teeth... sometimes the painkillers make it all worthwhile
smile_m_32.gif

Well I'm probably going to Canada Blooms... we can see what happens with any interested parties who want to meet up or something.
Cheers
Rebecca

hi im new to this post.
Actually, i was also wondering what happend to the canadian carnivorous plants and exotics site. I sent him a few emails to see when i would be able to get a few plants shipped to alberta. He said it would probably be a good time in the beginning of spring. He was my only hope in finding some neps and other cps. Does anyone know what happend, or if and when might he might be back in buisiness? Also, does anyone know of anywhere else i might be able to find some neps, without shipping them in from other countries. That would be a huge help.

Im deprived of cps, i only have one.
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

Thanks, Justin

ooooops, one nepenthes I sould say.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Great thanks a million!
smile.gif

anyone have a different link for:

CPCAN- If you're looking for Sarracenias, this is the place. I highly recommend this site. This was once Niagara Exotics.
www.vaxxine.com/cpcan

that link is dead.

I have heard of Niagara Exotics and have been wantng to go there!

are any of these nurseries, or any of the club activities, in the cities along the QEW between Niagara Falls and Toronto?
thats the part of Ontario I would be able to visit as a "day trip"..Ontario is a big place!

thanks,
Scot

Ah yes, for some reason, you have to copy and paste the link into your browser bar for it to work. I should add a note on that when I could.

I know that the nursery to the first link is somewhere in the greater toronto area, he has about as many neps a cper could want, and is a nice guy too. You might have to phone him, because he sometimes dosn't recieve my emails.

You would have to ask about any activities with Andre (seedling) or some of the other adults. Zongyi

Back