What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malesiana tropicals

Hey all singaporean cpers,
I was thinking about an orer from Malesiana tropicals, both to stock up my nep collection and for a big upcoming project (*important*). If any of you are interested maybe you could post here and Pm me your orders?

If I order I will do so in the next week or so.

Thanks,
Jason

HI, oh no, bad timing, I just received 8 plants 2 or 3 weeks back, shared the order with a friend, the platns were truncata, maxima bicalcurata and a raff giant. I would advise you to get a thorelli and eustachya and those I got, (i missed out these 2 last time) as these plants are very easy!
Oh but just a reminder, the plants are quite small! my maxima's largest leaf was only 3.5cm !!! but the latest leaf is much larger.

Hey welcome to the forums, Lam_wn. Tell us a bit about yourself, where you live, what cps you grow etc...?

I will happily trade you a cutting of the maxima bicalcurata, thorelli and/or eustachya if you are willing.
smile.gif

Jason

cpers: if i were you, i'd be aware of getting the thorellii from malesiana, it may be an smilesii hybrid. As for other so called species ephippiata and inermis: experts have said they are hybrids too.
the quality of service has significantly declined since Mr. Lee left the laboratories so, i would be wary of buying any plants from them at all.

James

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ May 13 2005,10:55)]Hey welcome to the forums, Lam_wn. Tell us a bit about yourself, where you live, what cps you grow etc...?

I will happily trade you a cutting of the maxima bicalcurata, thorelli and/or eustachya if you are willing.
smile.gif

Jason
Hi, Jason,
er...self-intro...i'm not good at this but I'll try
I live in bkt timah area, very lucky to live in landed property so I have quite a lot of space. Loved neps since I was young but killed so many plants until one day abt 4 years ago, got a coccinea and with the help of savage garden book by Peter D'amato, today, this coccinea has flowered twice (male) and has caused me to be more and more interested in collecting other lowland species.
Now I am trying drosera, sarracenia and VFTs, hope it wouldnt take that many casualties for me to successfully cultivaet them. As for trading, Anytime! except I dont think anyone would be interested in some of the cuttings I have!

I have been to several CP forums, but never to one as alive as this and very happy get so much useful tips here.

cpaddict:
are you sure!?!? oh no, I hope this isnt true...

Hey Lam_wn, how long was it before your coccinea flowered? Also could you give an indication of age, leaf span maybe...

I will pm you and we can negiotiate a trade. How 'bout this, you get me more into neps...and I get you addicted to sundews and VFTs!
smile_n_32.gif

Jason

And if you would like N.mirabilis, I just took a few cuttings with its very long vine!
smile.gif

hey, me too!
if any of you are interested, I have cuttings of N. mirabillis 'red' and N. Xcoccinea (but this 1 not doing so well)

Are they rooted cuttings? im interrested in the N. Xcoccinea !

Hey sgers,

We're ordering from malasiananana i a few days, we've got the orders ready and some ppl from another forum to join in. If u wanna join in u got to pm my brother 'Jason Wong' Very Soon cuz we gotta send in the order soon. The size of your order dosent matter since we passed the limit already (I think).

so thats life,

Peace,
Justin

Hello everyone, I'm back from the US and ready to build up my CP collection in Singapore again!
smile.gif

Is this Malesiana order still on? Rather, has it been carried out already?

Hey Ebeyonder you're back! Woohoo! Thought you would be back in august or somewhere around that. Do how was the trip?
smile.gif
Any nice cps?

You see I was trying to jerk up the cp spirit around here with a (couple) of large orders...
smile_n_32.gif

Nope we haven't sent the order yet...if only I could contact Malesiana. I will definetely have to send off the order before next week is up because by then I will be in the US...for university visits. Curious, ebeyonder, what did you go there for again? Exchange student?

Anyone know what Malesiana have been up to? They suddenly stopped replying. If anyone who has already established contacts could try to contact them. I'm not sure the website phone number is the real one?

Last chance to PM me your orders.
smile.gif

Jason

PS: Nice to see you back again Ebeyonder!

Yup, welcome back!
smile.gif
How was your trip?

Hello again... the trip was great... a very good experience but I didn't really get to see any CPs! Jason, I'll have a look at the Malesiana catalogue and PM u my order soon. Thanks!

Thanks everyone. In my 9 mths away, my VFTs have (surprisingly) grown a lot -- all without dormancy for the second yr running. My neps have flowered! -- gracilis, gentle and ventara (something like that?). My ampullaria has divided and the original branch is now growing intermediate pitchers! My collection of sundews have grown too and I'll be making leaf cuttings soon. Sadly, my last Sarracenia died and I've come to the conclusion that these are really hard to maintain, having seen 5 died in my care.

Are there any new CPs for sale at FEF? Or elsewhere? I'm esp interested in trying Pings again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (eBeyonder @ June 14 2005,8:12)]Thanks everyone. In my 9 mths away, my VFTs have (surprisingly) grown a lot -- all without dormancy for the second yr running. My neps have flowered! -- gracilis, gentle and ventara (something like that?). My ampullaria has divided and the original branch is now growing intermediate pitchers! My collection of sundews have grown too and I'll be making leaf cuttings soon. Sadly, my last Sarracenia died and I've come to the conclusion that these are really hard to maintain, having seen 5 died in my care.

Are there any new CPs for sale at FEF? Or elsewhere? I'm esp interested in trying Pings again.
Hey, some of my neps are flowering too. N. gentle, what is that? hybrid right? I have pollen from coccinea and a maxima or maxima hybrid, interested?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (eBeyonder @ June 14 2005,8:12)]Thanks everyone. In my 9 mths away, my VFTs have (surprisingly) grown a lot -- all without dormancy for the second yr running. My neps have flowered! -- gracilis, gentle and ventara (something like that?). My ampullaria has divided and the original branch is now growing intermediate pitchers! My collection of sundews have grown too and I'll be making leaf cuttings soon. Sadly, my last Sarracenia died and I've come to the conclusion that these are really hard to maintain, having seen 5 died in my care.

See thats why I am going to blow my allowance on Malesiana - too much nep flowering fun and I want some of it!  
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

You must be grateful to the guy who took care of your plants...I personally wouldn't expect to see live stuff when I come back from holiday. I think the sarracenia need a massive grow area like bog garden...and a strong dormancy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Are there any new CPs for sale at FEF? Or elsewhere? I'm esp interested in trying Pings again.

Same here. Actually tried to order some P.laueana for Triffid a few months back but they could get the tubes in time.

FEF Thomson supposedly was to have D.aliciae (at least that's what the poster said), but I didn't see any of them.

I have received all the orders for Malesiana, thanks for the email JK.
smile.gif

Jason

Jason, sure I am interested in the pollen! I think my plant is male... I think... need to check some pics in the books! The only live flowers now are from the gentle.

FEF has D.aliciae?!! Supposed to have? I want one of those badly after my little seedlings died while I was gone...

Anyone interested in ordering from Triffid park again>
smile.gif

Finally, Jason, thanks for consolidating all the orders... did you get my last PM about adding one more Nep to my prev order?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (eBeyonder @ June 16 2005,6:00)]Jason, sure I am interested in the pollen! I think my plant is male... I think... need to check some pics in the books! The only live flowers now are from the gentle.

FEF has D.aliciae?!! Supposed to have? I want one of those badly after my little seedlings died while I was gone...

Anyone interested in ordering from Triffid park again>
smile.gif

Finally, Jason, thanks for consolidating all the orders... did you get my last PM about adding one more Nep to my prev order?
Yep I did, the $3 nep with the ridiculously long name. I'm having one too.
smile.gif

Actually D.aliciae has no problems growing in Singapore, it just grows real slow (for me anyway - maybe it was the seed), and are extra sensitive to whatever droughts or 'natural' disasters hit my place...
smile_l_32.gif
Anyone found this with their plants?

You might want to check with Lam_wn, he is the one who has the pollen.
smile_m_32.gif

I regularly order from Triffid park. The next time I do I will inform you guys.
smile.gif

Jason

Back