What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for sundews

Kate

Far too old to grow up now.
Hello everyone.

I have been feeling the loss of my drosera recently, I am 0 for 3 on my attempts at seed germination and my searches for retail sources (have nothing to trade) are comming up empty, though one local nursery told me today that they certainly do stock them, only in winter.

So here is my shameless pleading attempt! I am looking for anything! Mostly the simple newbie stuff that everyone gets overrun with! (I would certainly like the more advanced however I am stuck with a budget at the moment and I do want you to get a fair price)

Got a dew that's a weed? Drop a bunch of it in the NASC auction I will certainly bid on it! Or if you would rather, PM me to arrange a private sale.

I know someone out there in Canada has extra D. capensis, D. spatulata or any of the other "weedy" drosera and wouldn't mind making a few extra dollars for the NASC, themsleves, or both since I would be more than happy to match whatever price I pay you personally in a dontation to the NASC.

I can send you seeds for now.

Well I am certainly not going to say no! lol besides.. eventually I have to luck into what works!

I have a bunch of capensis typical, I could send you one since my seeds didn't seem to do you any good.

That would be wonderful, I will PM you to work out details.
Your seeds were probably fine, it's just I have figured out how to grow mold better than germinate seeds
confused.gif
lol

I have sown several varieties of capensis about a week ago. Should be seeing something in a month or so I will let you know what comes up. I live near Reddeer.
Stephen

Back