What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowii x ventricosa...where?

• Thread starter @nd!
  • Start date
Hello
I have been looking for a really long time for the hybrid nepenthes lowii x ventricosa and I found nothing
does anyone know of a place that sells it and ships worldwide?

Treesmilltropicals is amazing with a great selection
unfortunately they dont ship to where I live

Ok sry
smile_h_32.gif

Given that you're in Israel, you're best bet is someone in Europe. It is a common hybrid now, so you may even be able to get cuttings from a collector.

What is Isreali customs/quarantine like?

as long as there are phytosanitary certificates there is absolutely no problem
truthfully I dont know if they even check if there any certificates
and there is no quarantine as far as I know.
the strange thing is that I see the plant on peoples grow lists and I ask myself from where did they get it, after I have been looking for a few months with no result.

Things come in waves. There are usually plenty when they're first released, then it goes quiet for a while, then there are cuttings for trade. Lowii x ventricosa and ventricosa x lowii have been made several times by several nurseries and individuals, so is not hard to find. Both crosses are very vigorous growers, and there are plenty of large plants around, so cuttings won't be hard to find. The best thing to do may be to post a 'wanted' or 'swap' message in the various CP fora, and I'm sure someone will sell you or swap a cutting.

Hamish

o.k, thank you
and the search goes on...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (@nd! @ Sep. 18 2005,1:55)]as long as there are phytosanitary certificates there is absolutely no problem
truthfully I dont know if they even check if there any certificates
and there is no quarantine as far as I know.
Nepenthes require CITES certificates, hybrids included. Most countries require a phytosanitary certificate. Some countries require some sort of import permit.

As Hamish mentioned, N. ventricosa x lowii was made a while back with a few different clones floating around from cuttings. N. lowii x ventricosa was made more recently but by now the original batch of seedlings have mostly all sold. Exotica has one for Auction this month..
I have not seen any cuttings of these around yet but imagine they will one day. Problem is the CITES and other documents to ship to other countries. I would contact Arie. He would know better what's required to import into Israel.

Tony

so if anyone has the plant and it is for sale,
just know I am interested

Here is the link for contacting the appropriate agency in Israel to find out if anything is required other than the usual CITES and phytosanitary certificate which accompany the plant.
Ministry of Agriculture

Hi thank you! I checked and if bringing a small number of plants, that is, a small parcel the usual CITES and phytosanitary certificate, that Tony mentioned, are enough

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I am still looking...
is there any place that offers it at all?

Back