What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planted 29 gallon tank

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello, I have moved all my CPs to the bigger g/h now so don't need my 250 watt MH lamp in my little green house. So, I was thinking of using it on my 29 gallon tank. Is that about the right about of light? How high from the tank should it be? How many hours of light should I give it? What plants are good for starters? What fish should go in there? (All i have right now is 1 angel fish about the size of a quarter. hahahahaha)

fanks for da help in all da me quiestens ( <-- just like a newbie. lol)

Andy, 250 watts on a 29 gallon tank is Gonna produce an algae farm I suspect.

at most, a 150 watt on that size tank.

For perspective, I am using two 175 watts on my wifes 110 gallon.

Alright, I'll toss the 2 flourecent thingies that are made for it back on and see how these 2 plants do... Not so good so far. LOL Dunno what the heck to do with this big butt lamp now though!!
Thanks!!

well considering that MH is one of the most expensive components in a reef tank... perhaps it is time to come over to the dark side.
smile_n_32.gif

REEF IT UP ANDY! ditch the fresh water planted tank, buy yourself some liverock and go for it!

I'll totally hold your hand!

OH yah?!! we could be... *says shily* ...friends? LOL Isn't 39 gallons on the small side so it'd be considered difficult?
The 1 baby angle fish i could ditch to my parents easy... I'd have fun with a coral tank i think!! 250 watt for this gallon size is right?

woooooweeee!!

my first saltwater tank was a 29 gallon hex. you can do it.
equipment:

1 x 250 watt metal halide (you'll need to switch the bulb to a 10K or higher)
some power heads for flow
A middle of the line skimmer - bakpak 2 would be the little one, nice would be remora)

Live Rock

Freshwater planted tank idea ABORTED.

VICTORY FOR THE DARK SIDE!!!

Back