What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guppie birth

My guppie is giving birth I will get one of those Little baby net box things. She is in a VERY fine net and has had 2 fry..

Sudgestions PLEASE!
f6b7c3a2.jpg

Cheers

Hears the updated picture ive counted about 20
8397c367.jpg

When mom is done remove her and if you have a seperate tank move the babies to it. Otherwise you could try keeping a few in the net. Who else lives in the main tank? If its just guppies or similar the fry will have a pretty good chance of surviving without help...though you will loose some.

Get some java moss for the fry to hide in. The female, she will try to eat the fry. I have had no luck with those breeder boxes. The pregnant females always seem to get stressed when put in one of those.
I have a tank full of platys. The females give birth in the tank and the babies hide in the java moss. they need to hide for a week or so until they get a little bigger and can swim faster.

Thats why i put the food in their, and I took the female out, I will see if my Fish store has JAva moss I have about 29 fish in my 29 gallon tank... (tetras guppies plecos corys and white cloud minows) But i know that Guppies stay towards the top, well ive been told they do. Some java moss doesnt sound bad any ways..

Cheers

I used to use Water Sprite for the fry to hide in. Petshops also sell Guppy Traps. Congratulations! "From guppies to groupers..."

Awwwwwwww...they are so cute! You're having a fish fry!
smile_l_32.gif

The other female gave birth... theirs twice as many if not more now..

33cdc1b7.jpg

cheers

Back