What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Plants in 10 Gallon

• Thread starter JMurphy97
  • Start date
I'm about to set-up a 10 gallon tank with c02 and about 3.5-4 watts per gallon. Will about 20-25 plants enough to beat out the algea?

Its not going to entierly beat out Algae. You Never really can. But It might help with it, A Few Malasian Trumpet snails would be a great addition to help kill, and they wont destroy youre Plants, and easy to kill once their gets to be more of them. You get a nice bunch of snail shells on the bottom of the tank once a few start dieing. They dig through the medium during the day, and come out at night leaving it fairly Unsightly I see one or two during the day thats it.
Ive got most of my algea beat, but If you get some Bottom feeders to clean up the left over food (Shrimp, corys, small plecos like Clown Pleco's) Work great. Being carefull to not over feed, cleaning youre glass, and just getting rid of any algae you can see w/ youre hand will help. Change The Filter to, and Siphon if you dont have any bottom feeders. Siphon about 2 - 3 gallons. I constanly pull out hair Algae still But theirs no more algae coating the glass.

If youre getting Plants Get a finer Medium in the Tank instead of large pebbles. Be ready for pruning. And Be patient It takes a while for all those plants to finaly settle in!

With That many plants you would only be able to have a few Fish.

Cheers

Ramshorn snails are also recommended for algae and are easy to come by. Otocynclus cats also relish algae.

RamsHorns bread like mad though, I have trouble keeping the population's low. I could send you a bunch of Ramshorns if you want just PM me.
Cheers

Back