What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$200 Betta Pictures...

Hey guys,

I thought you al might appreciate seeing this, I had this guy for years and he recently passed. So I wrote a little blog about him in my aquarium blog, there are 4 pictures of him there to see.

$200 Opaque HM male Betta Pics

If that link dosen't work, try this one http://blogs.frags.org/showblog.php?bid=297

Hope you all enjoy them, Out of curiosity how many show betta breeders keep CP's I'm missing my Betta breeding days LOL!!

Kindest Regards,

Juan-Carlos

Im not a breeder, but I have a regular $4 betta in a 2gal tank on my desk next to my computer.

Ha ha cool, bettas are fun!!!
I used to breed tons of the Show bettas... *Sigh* Those where the days.

What'd ya think of my Male? Pretty cool eh?

Regards,
-Jc

I was allways curious about breeding bettas but itlooked like WAY to much work.

I was acutaly thinking about Getting TONS more plants in my aqarium, (this would be a while away though) and wait for their to be less fish in my tank, and get a male in their.

Sweet fish either way!

Thanks!
smile.gif

It's not hard but somewaht tedious.. at first all the fry can be house together but then eventually have to be seperated O_O Thats when it becomes kind of a pain.. thats when you buy clear plastic party cups in bulk LOL!!

Regards,

-Jc

Aww... i loved my bettas. a blue one and a red one. separate tanks of course. it was fun to watch them size up to eachother when they were close to each other. both died a while ago. later on im going to try them again.

PS. Juan-Carlos: change your link to your growlist. after the sever change the links have to be changed to terraforums.
Alex

I had a nice mustard gas delta and then he blew his fins and they never really grew back much (like he turned into a plakat). No way I'd ever pay more than $20 for a fish that can flush its "value" down the toilet so quickly and easily.
smile.gif

Beautiful! But I agree with the rest that I'd never pay $200 for one fish...at least in my current mindset. The most I've paid is probably $10 and that did not turn out well(BN plecos). I'm guessing that was your dream fish though. A fish I would love to keep but have to tell myself to forget about would be Pteronotropis welaka or P. hubbsi. But I've often found the easier species "funner". While they may not be as challenging you can expect interesting things from them like eggs and fry.

Beautiful fish! I can agree with the sentiment about paying $200 for a fish. But then again, if I had the money, I'd pay $200 for a rock. lol

Nice photos too. Sorry he passed.
smile_h_32.gif

so JC is it true you have to keep cool air away from the surface of the tank, cause they could get a condition like us hmans call numonea?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PhreekinSundewMan @ Aug. 30 2006,5:02)]so JC is it true you have to keep cool air away from the surface of the tank, cause they could get a condition like us hmans call numonea?
well it possible(spelled pnuemonia btw). bettas have the neat ability to breah O2 like we can. so i guess it can happen...
Alex

Back