What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this look like 10,000K to you?

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Is it me or does this light look a bit yellow? It's supposed to be 10,000K and it's a Catalina brand. 65 watts.

Could it be a trick of the eyes and it's just looks yellow because of the rock, playsand, and flourite/shultz?

DSC01173.jpg

DSC01172.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

You can see my new Aldrovanda floating around
smile.gif

This is my tank a week ago with a 50/50 light. I like the color better than my new one, but the new one is twice as bright and the actinic half of the 50/50 is useless.

Oh well. Can't have it all I suppose
tounge.gif

DSC01151.jpg

BTW, is that cardboard covering the right side really noticable? I had to cover up that side because everything was growing sideways towards the metal halide over the terrarium
sad.gif

in the first three pics at the top.

No its not yellow, No I didnt noticed the cardboard until you said something, and nice Aldrovanda

And the weird thing is I have the same plant that you have on the Right next to the cardboard in the same place, behind a rock too.

Lol, there are 3 different plants there.

The tall one! with the alternating leaves... I've had it for about 10 months and I just now need to trim it back... don't know if its poor conditions or what but It needs to be trimmed make it look thicker too. Its a nice plant.

Oh I dunno what that is. Some kind of Ludwigia.

You should post some pics of your aquarium.

Not sure about the 10000K light, but 6500K PC always seemed a bit yellow to me. Nice looking tank, it looks like it's going to grow in well!

Hehe, thank you very much for the kind comments! Unfortunately after a 3 day absence the CO2 regulator broke. The glass in the high-pressure gauge became unsealed somehow, all the co2 spewed out and when I got home I had the greenest algae farm you've ever seen lol

I've given up lol. Stupid me threw away the receipt so there's nothing I could do with the regulator except throw it away lol. Reefs are so much easier for me.

I know the feeling, man. Of course the "display" tank that's in my bedroom crashed and is covered in algae, while the shrimp and grow-out tanks in my spare room look great. Maybe I should learn the lesson from them and stopp messing with the display tank, right? Keep after that tank. Maybe it's a sign that you should try a more low-tech approach. As long as you've got lots of plant cover and a good clean-up crew (cherries, cherries, cherries), the algae problem will fix itself. Like they say, only bad things happen overnight....

Hehe... well I was over 3 wpg, nutrients and demanding plants. The plants started to melt when the co2 went out and then the algae took advantage of the nutrients and light since there was no competition.

Now it's a grow-out tank for my cps :) I plan on getting a new regulator (and keeping the receipt) and see how much the cp's benefit from co2.

Have you ever considered using yeast for your CO2 needs? Kind of a pain, and maybe a little stinky, but not likely to fail on a day-by-day timescale.
~Joe

I tried that and It started pissing me off :) I like 3 bubbles per second, not one bubble every 3 seconds lol. And I had to change it all the time... I got sick of it and bought pressurized.

Lol, I'm done with planted aquaria. Too hard.

I realize that this thread is out-dated, but here's for anyone else that comes along:

Best Planted Tank sites on the net:

plantedtank.net
aquaticplantcentral.com
barrreport.com

Best quality C02 equipment from a one-stop-shop:

bestaquariumregulator.com

Rex is a solid stand-up guy that will take Good care of You and sells Bulk dry ferts on the cheap too.

Planted tanks aren't hard--there's just a Huge Learning Curve. Its part of where I've been for the last couple of yrs or so--working through the learning curve!

Here's a page that I put together on C02 Equipment:

C02 Equipment

HTH

Back