What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleanup crew for planted tanks?

• Thread starter JMurphy97
  • Start date
What should I get for a cleanup crew for a 10 gallon planted tank? My main fish will be neons. I kinda want some of those little dwarf frogs and ghost shrimp and maybe a betta. Let me know what you guys use. I'm gonna try to go with a amazon look so maybe the betta wont work.

Dwarf frogs require their own feeding and bettas are not cleanup.

malaysian trumpet snails would work. A couple of ottocinclus. Amano shrimp.

Don't expect your shrimp to live long with a betta. Some don't care. Most like to see what they taste like.

Is there a difference between cherry and ghost shrimp? Will they do the same thing? I'm gonna get both I think though.

ghost shrimp = cheap and useless
cherry shimp = moderately expensive, moderately useful, easy to breed
amano shrimp = moderately expensive, very useful, hard to breed

all = betta victims

If you have to have a shrimp, maybe a wood shrimp would work. If there's no food in the water column for it it will eat ditritus.

I'll add to the betta + shrimp = bad idea. I bought a couple ghost shrimp to see if htey would do *any* cleaning my little tank. The betta killed them all. Didn't eat them, just killed them...

SAE's , Amano shrimp & lose the betta.

SAE's are too big for that tank. Otocinclus would be better IMHO.

Ken
A.N.G.F.A. North American Co-ordinator

You might have to go through a few to get the good ones :) They are my favorite AE though.

Back