What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planted fish tank coming up!!

I already have the ugly filter intake tube running down in the corner (WHY does Rena make that dang thing blue??). I have the heater cord running alongside it. The tubes for the UGF are also tucked into the corners. I try to mask all of that stuff as best as possible with tall plants and rocks. My heater is actually all black and masks very well against the black background, but behind the piles of rock you cant see it at all. I have enough exposed equipment in the tank as it is.

Ok! as promised, here are a few recent pics..taken mere minutes ago:

aquarium05.jpg

aquarium06.jpg

aquarium07.jpg

Im just letting the plants fill in any way they like..so its a bit messy at the moment..
although "messy" could also be considered "natural"..so messy isnt necessarily a bad thing..
I usually prefer a little more controlled design though..

Scot

The new animals (minus the snails)

P1010345.JPG

And the tank... I admit, I just kinda tossed it together, the only "hard" part was getting the sword in the back left to stay planted. They kept wanting to float up. But I think it looks good :)

P1010343.JPG

it's amazing how much more active those few ghost shrimps were that I tossed in there a few days ago once the plants went in! amazing!

enjoy,
Andrew

Andrew,
looks great! :)

IMO you probably could/should add more plants..
but maybe once they start growing and filling in they will be enough..

Scot

Hey this looks like a hobby that I might have to pick up sometime soon... well as soon as I figure out where I could fit an aquarium in my room! x_x

Seriously, all those pics are just beautiful! It's kinda like one of those 3D pictures that you put on your wall that look all cool and stuff.. but these are LIVE! It really is awesome. I'll have to start gathering information and planning this out....

Yay for new hobbies! (But don't I have enough already???)

I tried those shrimp once back when I had a tank. I remember it... watching closely to see if they would get eaten. They were not all day, but by morning they had all vanished! I suspect the nocturnal talking catfish was to blame. Never thought he would eat them, probably because i never saw him and forgot he was there usually.

Back