What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to try some food variations.

• Thread starter jm82792
  • Start date
So I've been using HBH for awhile since I've done FW I'm running out and would like to make a variety of foods for my fish. So here's what I have : 4 tetras,4 danios,a guppy and 2 cories.(and a big catfish in the bottom of my 55)
So I'd love to do a universal staple flake and some sorta occasional food any suggestions ?
I'm just not sure if HBH is good or should I try another community flake food ?

What is HBH and FW? I used to use Tetramin, freezed dried whatever, frozen whatever, and live whatever.

HBH is the food company FW(fresh water) is this abbreviation that many people use on the fish forum,nano-reef that I go to. I'll go with tetramin then and some freeze dried(give me an idea)

I like the Hikari Micro-pellets for an all purpose community food. They will float for a while for the top water feeders and eventually slowly sink for the bottom feeders. Being pellets, the fish get more nutrition per bite as they are more dense than the flakes. As far as treats, consider some freeze dried tubiflex or blood worms given once a week or so. If you really want to get the fish excited, give them some fozen blood worms.....Hikari brand is my favorite.

Alright I'll go for that since hikari has a good rep by other people.
Spdrk you got me over my head in the fish hobby :D
I have all this reefing equipment now and have spent hundreds already :jester:
Seriously though I was broke have earned more cash to just have it leave my hands again but its going to be worth it :D How are those VFTs doing ? My aquatic plants are great even with the crudey PH only one specie died out.

Hey Josh,

The VFT's I traded you for are by far the healthiest CPs I planted this spring. One of them even has two new daughter plants growing around it. They are enjoying the warmer weather we are finally having here in Colorado (with the exception of today). Thanks again for the great plants.

Yes, the aquarium hobby can get expensive. Glad to hear the plants I sent you are thriving. You are more brave than me by diving into reef setups. Keep us posted on how that turns out.

Duane

So far I haven't skimped on anything refractometer and all the more expensive non ghetto stuff.
In the end I will be out say $500 but it's worth it since I'm going to have all kinds of interesting things happen with this project :D
Thats good about the VFTs mine are jsut growing since it is still cold here :)

I have two large goldfish 8inches and 5 inches and a 6 inch koi and a smaller catfish that I feed smaller floating koi pellets.
COdy

Back