What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most quiet filter?

MidnightSkies

animal lover, aquarium and CP enthusiast
I have a 10 gallon divided tank that I keep two bettas in and I've been having noisy filter problems for months. I've tried Aqua Clear and had it vibrate way too much, tried Aqueon and had that one be VERY loud, and am now trying a Whisper PF10. All three have been too loud for my bedroom. I'm wondering what everyone else is using and what you all would reccomend as the most quiet filter. I was thinking about trying 2 of those Nano filters. Any help with this headache would be very much appreciated.

Are these air powered or motor hang on back filters?

I have always had good luck with Aqua Clear HOB filters.
Whisper for Air pumps.

If you had a larger tank, Fluval canister filters.

All that I've tried have been HOB filters. My original Aqua Clear worked wonderfully and was just about silent, but that one I ended up dropping and getting a new one. I hate how they start making things cheaper as time goes goes on... and how clumsy I have to be. I did even look into canister filters. Does anyone have any exerience with the Eclipse filters/hoods that they're selling now?

i use the in-tank wisper 10i for my bettas it uses bio bags and its great

hope this helps,
Matt

The internals are quieter than the HOBs
But are in some cases not visually appealing.
The Whisper i10 is your best bet if you are fine with the bulk.

ya i agree but you can hide it relitivly easey with plants

matt

Fluval is always good for tanks because they can be submerged, but unless you want a river tank, Fluval isn't for you.

Unless you like splashing water. ;)

Aquaclears are great,it has worked well in my reef,is quiet and are not too expesnive if you ebay one.

Aquaclears for me!

I use AquaTech 30-60gal for my 10 gallon tank and I honestly can't hear it. It sits right on my nightstand next to my bed so... -shrugs-

Back