What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats a good place to buy tank equipments?

A friend of mine is looking for a fresh water fish task for his my home, but he is totally a noob when it comes to aquarium and equipments. Does anyone know any websites where he can buy discounted fish tank and equipment. Preferably new equipments such as hoods with lights, filters, 75 gal stand and decor stuff. Well, he recently bought some aquarium decor stuff from Petco.

I would welcome any tips, advice or recommendations.

Any PetCo, Pet Smart, or even hole-in-the-wall aquarium shop. CA is full of them.

Where in CA are you? If you are in the Bay Area, I can give you a few great places to start.

If you want discounted, try Craigs List.

Checkout your local Craigslist, classifieds or fish forums, you'll always find great deals there.

Good Luck,
B

If you have a town/area newspaper (we have the "Town Herald") check the classifieds for great deals. Lots of people think they want a fish tank and later find out after a bunch of water changes, algae blooms and aggressive fish, not so much. I've even seen ads which say "55 gallon aquarium $50 includes, tank, lid, lights, stand, gravel and fish" lol!

i found a 55 gallon at a resale shop for 45. no equpiment thou.

Anywhere but Walmart:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/walmart.html

(it goes on for 10 pages..and thats only one of literally hundreds of websites and aquarium forum posts about how dismal Walmart is with their aquarium departments..this has been a major complaint for 10 years now, and is still going on..Boycott Walmart!! )

Scot

Pet shop

You could try That Pet Place in Lancaster, PA

Back