What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aqua Design Amano Wabi-Kusa

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Hey guys, here is my Wabi-Kusa. The vase and light are ADA but I had to make the ball myself.

DSC06781.jpg

DSC06782.jpg

DSC06685.jpg

DSC06684.jpg

A wabi-kusa is a ball of media wrapped in moss with plants growing on it, sat in a vase of water and they originated in Japan. The light is a Branch Light and is made just for this. It uses a 60 watt par16 halogen bulb but I just ordered a 6 watt par16 CREE LED bulb to replace it with.

Last edited:
me thinks you should just slap some drosera in there....doesnt have to be a rare one....spathulata will do. ;) NICE WORK! i didnt know that ADA made wabi-kusa vases....thought it was only a DoAqua thing.

what does par16 CREE mean?

Par16 is the size of the bulb (a little spotlight) and CREE is a company that makes high power LED's.

Amphirion, technically it is Do!Aqua but it's just another branch of the same company. Same thing to me lol.

It's got half a cup of aquasoil inside, so that ball is full of ammonia ;P No drosera for this vase.

It's got half a cup of aquasoil inside, so that ball is full of ammonia ;P No drosera for this vase.
RSS has been growing various utrics on Aquasoil for a while. I've also started to play with some and most are growing very well...

Looks nice. I had always wanted to do something like this but never knew it had a name... thanks for sharing!
~Joe

Back