What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bucephalandra sp. 'New Kedagang' in Spike

• Thread starter RSS
  • Start date
This little one has been driving me crazy, it has been in spike for what seems like forever. I thought I had aborted or something but this morning it looked more swollen than the day before so I think its finally thinking about opening.

Its a fairly new arrival so I can't take any credit for the stalk, but I'll enjoy it anyway.

Bucephalandra sp. 'New Kedagang'

DSC_1092 by randallsimpson, on Flickr

lucky you! my Bucephalandra sp. Kir Royale “Royal Blue” is working on a flower spike as well, but it's underwater. and taking forever.
_MG_7576.png~original

are you growing yours emersed or immersed? so hard to tell hahahaha!

How long have the spikes been up?

lucky you! my Bucephalandra sp. Kir Royale “Royal Blue” is working on a flower spike as well, but it's underwater. and taking forever.
are you growing yours emersed or immersed? so hard to tell hahahaha!

I hate to say it but mine looked just like that for the better part of a month, it did nothing. Yesterday it started up again, its made some progress opening up overnight I'll try and get a photo later today. The worst part is the LED light was "spotlighting" the white flower bud really nicely so everytime I walked past it there was no way I didn't see it. Maddening.

Mine is also underwater, I just added the first Malaysian trumpet snails a few days ago so nothing else is in there yet.

Make sure and post up a photo once yours opens up, these guys are really growing on me.

How long have the spikes been up?

I'd guess 4-6 weeks, maybe longer. Its been a long time for a flower.

Nice pictures of them, thanks for sharing

cant believe i missed this! Awesome Ron. know i know that I havent missed mine opening up yet. quite dramatic!

Back