What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filtration possible?

I have a 2.5 gal aquarium with a single betta in it and i was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to filter such a small aquarium effectivly? I was going to move him to a bigger tank, but he has a bad temper and kills any fish he sees. I was just wondering if i could filter the tank because all the water changes are getting pretty time consuming. I have to change all the water every 5 days or it starts to smell. I change a small amount of the water every day. I just would like it if i didnt have to change all of the water so often. Any suggestions would be great

Thanks
Ktulu

I have seen little submersable filters at Petsmart that I think would easily be able to filter such a small area without making to much of a current, especially since they have adjustable flow settings... GOOD LUCK!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

They make small corner filters that run on air. Its the same principal as an undergravel filter only smaller and it uses an activated charcoal filter. They are pretty inexpensive and should do a decent job with that small tank.

Good luck
Steve

i agre , they wrok very well , and since bettas are a gentle stream fish the current of the water will not disturb him because of the power of the filter . alothugh i don't know if you shoudl filter the tank , its quite small and the you only have one fish in there , if you would like to get som,e of the corner filter i have some that i enerv actually used if you want some for trade or something .

Back