What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 gallon rivertank

I have this RiverTank and its been sitting around for the last three years. I would like to start it up. So I am asking what type of plants should I plant? There should be water plants and Terrestial plants that should grow hydrophonicly. Any ideas?

How much light would they recieve, and what are the temps like?

A good plant to grow, is java moss. First of all, its an aquatic plant, but it can move to anything, just needs a moist condition. THe only problem is that it becomes weedlike, so it may need trimming. But its a good plant overall. I didn't know you could grow a rivertank in a 10 gallon tank. I thought them to be bigger.

Also minature bromelaid, are marvelous. When they start blooming. And they can handle moist conditions. Make sure its on land though =D. There are many different species of bromelaid. If you were going for the bigger tanks. You can add more animals then the ones your thinking about. A 10 gallon river tank system will only allow a small amount of fish, due to high ammonia contents. A maxium of 10. 10 will be stressful to the fishes too. Depending ont he size of fish you get depends on how nice your tanks is going to look. If your river tanks is only for a 10 gallon tank, I'll recommend getting an small aquatic frogs maybe 1-2 african clawed, or african dwarf frogs. Then adding some tetras, mollies or danios. If this is not something you want, there are many more . But I think it would be beautiful however you make it. =D

Back