What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane rita

• Thread starter nrbelex
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Sep. 23 2005,10:29)]Regarding solar power, you can most likely get a solar powered house to pay for itself by using the right setup, and pumping extra energy back into the grid.  I think when you do that, you actualy get money from the power companies.  I know various radio personalities have done something like that.
yes, some houses are like that here

If all the externalized costs of our petroleum dependency were added to the price of the stuff, other energy options start looking mighty reasonable.

Hi All,

Well, Houston was lucky. Looks like we missed most of Rita. I never lost power but last night was a symphony of interesting hissing, rustling, thrashing and spinning noises. I have a bunch of downed limbs and junk in the yard but no real damage. This morning is a nice breezey day. Interestingly, there was very litle rain.

Bobby

It's good to hear you've done OK. The real trouble is east of you and we'll have to wait to hear from them.

Well with the sientist giving warming and ozone presentations, it should be noticed that the proffesion that studies those is climateology, not geology. furthermore, the notion that all the chemicals, the sheer, volume of unnatural substances doesnt do SOMETHING harm, in this case to ozone, is rather riduculous. Leading scientists apperently were able to convince world leaders to change their polices. policy changes like that dont come easy wne your banning things.

Paleoclimatology certainly is geology and, if you want to know what the climate has done for the last million or 500 million years, you'll be asking geologists.  But you should ask those who've worked in that field and, more importantly, have established a strong reputation.  I'd love to know who that geology professor with an Irish accent is because I suspect that, even he's in the first group, he isn't in the second.

Back