What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Necps show

• Thread starter WildBill
  • Start date
Hi Everyone -

I've been off the forums for a bit - been busy with work & we bought a new house.

I did want to take the time to let you all know that the NECPS Show is back again this year, better than ever and expanded to two days.

Saturday, October 8, 2005 11am - 4pm
Sunday, October 9, 2005 10am - 3pm

Roger Williams Park Greenhouses, Providence, Rhode Island
(exit 16 off I-95)

Members were also planning on getting together Saturday night after the show for dinner (Four Seasons?) - so if you can make it up to the show consider yourself invited.

The show will be a great time, and in addition to plants, I believe we have some new NECPS items like long sleeved T-Shirts/Sweatshirts, and Caps.

Here a few pics from past shows:

Plants:
20041009-NECPS-show-standout%20plants.jpg

Dr. Ken & Richard:

2004100915-NECPS-show-vendor-Richard%20and%20Ken%20take%20a%20break%20with%20N.bicalcarata.jpg

Watching the Sarrs in action:
2004100914-NECPS-show-Watching%20a%20yellow%20jacket%20in%20a%20perilous%20sea%20of%20Sarracenia%202.jpg

My Mugshot:
2004100916-NECPS-show-John%20awards%20Wild%20Bill%20his%20logo%20merchandise.jpg

So, invite your friends, family, and join us at the show!!

WildBill

Alright!

Got my show entries all set (well, sorta). Can't wait!! 12 days and counting....OH! Gotta get a hotel room.....

Come one, come all! The last two years have been off the hook!

bumpitty bump bump.

10 days and counting.
smile.gif

Hi Bill,

Any chance you can give Nathan an updated sign for
the website necps.org . He's still got the 2nd annual show
with the wrong dates posted (It has the correct dates at top of the page though). A little photoshop *snip* *insert new date*

Looking forward to the madness!!!

Kirk

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Looking forward to the madness!!!

Quite! Kirk, I should bring the maxima I got from the cutting you brought for me last year. You'll be proud! Actually, Bill should bring the other, too.

Heya Kirk -

I thought Nathan already had it. Anyway I just sent to him again, and here it is for all to see:

NecpsWebPoster05.jpg

That looks awesome.
If only I weren't in Canada!!1

Zac

Just found out, thanks to Kirk Martin, we'll have 10 copies of The Savage Garden for sale. Autographed, of course!

Hope to see lots of pictures!

Sending some things for the fundraising and to get some drool going!

N. inermis x bongso 5" plant
N. eustachya red x purple 12" plant (something for you intermediate/lowland nuts)
N. sibuyanensis x truncata 6" plant
N. Red Leopard 9" plant
and a VFT Big Mouth with 1.5" traps

Hope the show is a great success!

Tony

Here's more pics from last year's show:

Schloaty at the Feeding Station:

2004100912-NECPS-show-VFT%20feeding-Schloaty%20draws%20a%20crowd.jpg

2004100913-NECPS-show-Exhibit%20gallery%20in%20full%20swing.jpg

Schloaty...you don't look weird enough to grow CPs. lol
smile_n_32.gif

I sure wish I could go. It really looks FUN and chock full of stunning plants.

Someone needs to invent a faster mode of travel...like a Star Trek transport system. "Beam me up and put me down in Rhode Island."

Take lots of pics. Can't wait to hear about it.

PAK, planes trains and automobiles! Hitch up with Ozzy & pick up Elgecko on the way! Come one, come all!

Tony....A big mouth?!? NICE! Loving those neps, too....I happen to have eustachya red x purple from Tony that I am bringing for display at the show. GREAT plant.

Black people
smile_k_ani_32.gif
! What a nice surprise
smile.gif

Gotta love it.

These plants appeal to everybody!! In the past, we have drawn visitors of all nationalities from the New England and surrounding areas;from New York, New Jersey, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and Maine.

The funniest was a very harried mother who drove over 4 hours from New Jersey with a carload of excited future mad scientists. The kids ran in screaming the names of everything in Latin! It was sooo funny. Must have been what our poor mothers went through.

24 Hours and Counting down to the show!!

If any of you can make it we'd love to meet you. Maybe next year we can rig up a webcam from the show.

This year's NECPS show had one visitor from Orlando Florida
and another from Kansas... More than 300 people showed
despite rain BOTH days

Guess Providence RI is a cp magnet...

Kirk
Fitchburg, Mass

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lol @ Oct. 06 2005,11:26)]Black people
smile_k_ani_32.gif
!  What a nice surprise
smile.gif
laugh.gif
hey lol!, i saw a black person @ the L.A.C.P meeting on the 15th! cool guy!

Back