What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found cp's in a park near me

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I have been going to Pine Grove Furnace for years. It's about an hour and a half away from me and usually get there once a year. We did not got up here last year.
My wife and I planned to go earlier in the summer but the plans always fell through. We finally got there today. We did not have any problems getting a good picnic table.
We headed out for a bike ride after we arrived. I know I have seen several spots that have good potential for CP's, if they are growing in the area.
While riding I saw a spot and took a quick 5 minute look, as the wife kept riding ahead. What caught my eye.... A SUNDEW. I had found Drosera rotundifolia in a park I've been coming to since I was little.
I was not able to look around to see if I could find any other CP's, that will be another trip when the wife stays at the picnic table reading a book.
smile_m_32.gif

Here are some shots of the Drosera rotundifolia.
133DSC03540.jpg

133DSC03541.jpg

And a few other shots of the lake and our hike up to the lookout at Pole Steeple Trail.
133pond.jpg

133frog.jpg

133outcropping.jpg

It's hard to see her, but my wife is sitting on the outcropping.

133lake.jpg

I wish I could find cps close to where I live.I'll have to do some exploring!Thank you for sharing the pictures Steve!

Jerry

Nice pics, I scrolled up too far and I thought your wife was a from. lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Sep. 24 2005,11:05)]Nice pics, I scrolled up too far and I thought your wife was a from. lol.
I guess you mean frog?

No that would have been a picture of me many years ago till she kissed me and I turned into prince charming.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

LOL, yes I meant frog. Man I need to get some sleep. LOL

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]LOL, yes I meant frog. Man I need to get some sleep. LOL

Ozzy, you're an elictrician? *gulp* Normally lack of sleep and electricity mix in a rrr... Not-good way.
smile_n_32.gif

Very nice pictures, by the way! Makes me jealous; I always look for places where CP could be whenever I'm out. It's unlikely that I find a place, but at least it's good to know that other people out there are doing it!
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ozzy, you're an elictrician? *gulp* Normally lack of sleep and electricity mix in a rrr... Not-good way.
smile_n_32.gif

Trust me electricity is very good at waking you up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I always look for places where CP could be whenever I'm out

Anytime I'm driving down a new road I always scan the woods or the ditches for places that cp's may be growing. I have learned to drive full speed with my eyes in the ditches. lol

At night I always look for snakes on the road.

Sorry guy, yer still a frog (or from, if you are from Ozzies neck o' the woods). Yer wife jest luvs amphibians, that's all!!!!!

You calling me an amphibian?

No big deal I've been called a lot worse.

Back