What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We went to the texas renfaire on sunday

That's me.

Sadly, there were not too many women in chainmail bikinis.  But there were plenty of women with corsett-assisted cleavage, so Mrs. SarraceniaScott had ample opportunity to smack me upside the head throughout the day.

I went there many years ago when I lived in Dallas while going to school at UTSWMCD. I thought the funniest thing was when folks would speak the Shakespearean Olde English with a southern accent or occasional Y'all.

Did they still have the Living Chess Set or the Jousting? Did you feast on a big ol' turkey leg?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WildBill @ Oct. 03 2005,11:13)]I went there many years ago when I lived in Dallas while going to school at UTSWMCD.  I thought the funniest thing was when folks would speak the Shakespearean Olde English with a southern accent or occasional Y'all.

Did they still have the Living Chess Set or the Jousting?  Did you feast on a big ol' turkey leg?
Yes, it was pretty funny to hear the (bad) english accents punctuated with "y'all".

No living chess set. They still do the Joust.

And yes, we had a turkey leg. I believe it's required by law.

lol the theme of our next Optimist Board Meeting is Scottish/Celtic..........dos anyone know if i can get a sword across the Canadian border?

Are you Canadian Rattler?

nope im Montanan, just hop the border a few times a year, the next time will be the last weekend of this month, and than again the last weekend of January if the weather holds. the Optimist Club District im apart of includes Montana, Alberta, Saskatchewan and northern Wyoming. so im up in Alberta and Sask. 2 or 3 times a year on average. some years more.

Did you have any women staring at your cleavage showing through the peek-a-boo lacing on your shirt??
smile_l_32.gif

Cool photo.
smile.gif
Did you make your teeth look rotted for an authentic look? hehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 03 2005,3:39)]Did you have any women staring at your cleavage showing through the peek-a-boo lacing on your shirt??  
smile_l_32.gif
Actually, there were a few turned heads. (Yes, FEMALE, before anybody asks!)

And some of the women on a political board i frequent made approving replies.

Can't say I mind when women objectify me! (Although I agree it would get tiresome if done daily...)

Hey, I was there too! I was working said RenFair that weekend! LOL.

Back