What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There may be hope for my wife, yet

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
A couple nights ago my wife was cleaning up a neglected lunchbag, that had grapes in it. When she opened the bag, an arsenal of fruitflies jettisoned, annoying the daylights out of her. It was at that point that I offered a suggestion. Catching her in a moment of weakness, she allowed me to bring a container of dew-laden, hungry D. binatas to our kitchen window. Within minutes, the binatas were earning their keep. There is hope for my wife!

My apartment was infested with nats this weekend.  I hate fruit flies TO DEATH!  I hate the little buggers.  Can't possibly be creations of god...  I put my super P.titan out there with some capensis, and they caught a number of flies.  But the darn things were getting stuck in the freezer and fridge.  I tried to burn the pot that the maggots were forming in, and oh my god!  The smell was HORRENDOUS!  I tried to hide in my room, but the smell almost choked me!  I had to run out the house, and call my cousin up to get me the stongest air freshener money can buy.  I used the entire can in the little apartment, and it was still funky!  It took me hours yesturday just to cook some hamburgers and sweet potatoes because there were so many demonic flies tryin to kill me it seemed like.  It was a scene right outta hell.

----------
Edit: language

i like fruit flies, generally have thousands of the lil buggers around. course they are of the wingless variety and i feed them to my dart frogs and Mantellas
smile_n_32.gif

Back