What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avian flu

The avian flu doesn't really scare me that much either. If you read Richard Preston's The Hot Zone, no diseases seem worse than Ebola and Marburg. If Ebola Reston mutates into something that kills humans, we're in for a lot of trouble because Ebola Reston can spread through the air unlike the others.

Just lost a bird to a normal flu\cold:( It was a nice silver laced wyandotte too. Oh well atleast I wasn`t too attached to it.

Sorry to hear about your bird.
smile_h_32.gif

I have to admit, I'm not too keen on CNN advertising its upcoming show on the bird flu. Full screen picture saying something like "Avian flu...kills 50% of those infected!" That is too sensationalist. But they gotta whoop up good ratings.

I've heard reports that the number of people dead in China is actualy in the 300's, not 60 something. This comes from a group of scientists or pharmacists. The same group of people reported 7 cases of human to human transfer of the virus, which if true, would be the hallmark for the pandemic. This news was reported a couple of days ago, but I suggest you guys look into it as I will be.

Back