What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEPHALOTUS follicularis!

Hey All!

Long time no speak! We've been busy relocating our mail order and getting everything running again.

Now that we're settled... we're going to announce some exciting news!

Cephalotus are now available for pre order (shipping in about 10-14 days)

We have about 100 that have been quietly growing nicely for the past year. We'll ahve about 20 that are "large" meaning filling out a 4-6" pot and 100 that are about the size of a quarter, but very developed.

Since these things are hard to come by -- we're still working with pricing on them.

SO! Make us an offer!

Private message me.. and I'll get back to you within a day or so. PM me the quantity you want, what size and what you're willing to pay for them and we'll go from there!

This is being offered to our forum members before we ever release the plants for sale.

Thanks guys!

-Phillip

Hey! It's great to hear some new developments from PFT! Oooh boy, prepare for a full PM inbox!
laugh.gif

OOh! Cephalotus

*runs to look it up

Yippee! It's raining cephs!!

Get 'em while you can!

is there a way that onw of these could survive on it's own for 2 weeks at a time (under grow lights of course)? i've always wanted one, but now i'm away from my plants for extended periods of time and can't get anything too needey, so to speak.
thoughts?
tech...

What other CPs are you currently growing?

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Brian I would think it would be ok. At least in my experience they don't like to be soggy wet so if you had it in a tray under lights, I'd think it would be ok until you got back. That way it would be wet for a while and then gradually dry out which is good for it anyway.

jeremiah,
in the terrarium, i have pretty common and easy neps (ventricosa, ventrata, a raff., a bical., sanginuea, and 2 unknowns), a ping., a few airplants, and a 6" pot of d. adelea. all the plants are on the tray system, which get filled every 2 weeks when i'm home. lighting is 4-4' flouresent bulbs (mix of sunshine and coolwhites) and is on a timer with about a 16 hour "on" cycle. there are clear acrylic lids on the chamber (a 55 gallon fish tank), and i will be adding 2- 90mm cpu fans next week to replace a 6" 120v. fan that used to be in there. the whole shebang is wrapped in white posterboard to keep the light in. humidity is about 70% in the day and rises to the 90% - 100% at night.

based on pak's comments, i'm about ready to try, or sacrifice, the ever eluesive cephalotus. any other thoughts/comments anyone?

peace all,
tech...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 08 2005,2:10)]Brian I would think it would be ok.  At least in my experience they don't like to be soggy wet so if you had it in a tray under lights, I'd think it would be ok until you got back.  That way it would be wet for a while and then gradually dry out which is good for it anyway.
Unless of course they sprout as a winter leaf cutting, in a tray of live, swampy LFS.. I have a few young plants that got their start that way. The parent plant is being cultivated pretty much "by the book".

I am discovering that the plants adapt to their unorthodox conditions if they get their start that way. I have B. liniflora in the same swampy set up.

Well I have started leaf cuttings in "swampy" conditions...sealed in a condiment container.
smile.gif

But I do not keep my adult cephs (or what remains of them) too wet.

Just so's nobody has missed this since cephs are so hotly sought after.
smile.gif

Anybody have any idea what the small or medium are going for?

Back