What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Python eats alligator

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

This was in today's paper:

Python Eats Alligator

That really happened. That was taken in the florida everglades.

There was some discussion about it here a few days ago in the Army kills crocodile thread.

Ah, I only saw the first half of that thread.

Pythons are very vulnerable when swallowing food. Maybe another alligator attacked it?

heres my take on what happened. crocs and gators nervous system will keep firing after they are dead. what im guessing happened is the burm constricted the gator and swallowed it. the gator was just a lil to big of a meal and after the python got it swallowed, the dead gators nervous system fired and it thrashed its tail. a gators tail muscles are alot stronger than the muscles in the wall of the pythons body and it ripped through. well atleast it makes sence to me given what i know about both critters. ive read about a partiularily large croc in africa that while the hunters were taking trophy pictureswith its mouth held open by a branch, the nervous system fired and the jaws slamed shut. and this was after the huner but a hole into its brain the size of a baseball. the critters primitive nervous system just refuses to shut down.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense Rattler.

Back