What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fungicidifying for dormancy

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
I've never actually used fungicide or anything during my outdoor CPs' (VFTs/Sarrs) dormancies in past years, which explains the death of half of them every year.... anyhoo, I plan on using fungicide this year throughout dormancy, so I need advice on what kind of fungicide to use, and the exact use of it over dormancy. Like, something common, like I can find at WalMart or Lowe's.

Thanks.

EDIT: And a totally random question... do they sell light fixtures to power two fluorescent tubes in one fixture? I seriously need to get two bulbs over my N. ventricosa/P. pinguicula/D. adelae tank.

*bangs head on wall* Well, the second question is now out of the question... my grandmother is eternally sure of the fact that she's right and everybody who knows anything about CPs at all is totally wrong, so she's sure that fluorescent lights don't do anything for the plants and that they need plant lights. I told her I needed to figure out a way to get two fluorescents over them, not because they're not effective, but because that's just how much they need. But she took that as another excuse to say that they don't work and I need a grow light. So last week when I was at school she went and wasted 17 bucks on a grow light and decided to install it herself and not wait until I got home... so half the leaves on my N. ventricosa got screwed up and the foil covering some of the openings on the hood of the tank to decrease dry air flow is now almost destroyed. So, is a grow light as good as two fluorescents? I know a fluorescent does just as good as a grow light for alot less, but I need to figure out what the hell I'm doing with this situation.

I know somebody can answer this post.

Yes they definitely sell fixtures for multiple lights. The most common fixture is a double 48" used in most machine shops. I'm not sure how easy it will be to find les than 48" but I know they exist. As far as grow lights are concerned. 2 fluorescent bulbs will provide more usable lights than most grow lights. I have 4 over my 48" terrarium and they grow like nuts with rich colours. However, your growlight would probably be better than a single fluorescent. So it's your choice really.

Zac

No it's not... apparently it's Grandma Plantmaster's choice.

Suphur is the way to go! Just dust a bit on the growing points of your CPs and wash it off in the spring. Botrytis spores landing on it can't germinate.

What product name containing sulfur would she need to purchase?

As long as it says 'Sulphur' in big letter on the front of the container, it'll be fine. It usually comes in a choice of yellow or white.
smile.gif

Back