What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Went to the bog today

so, winter is fast approaching here in the northeast, and today was all doom and gloom looking outside, so i decided to head out to the bog and see what i could find.  this would also be a good chance to try out my new (ok, used) digid cam.  for anyone that cares, the camera is a sony dsc-t1 5.0 mp.

so, after driving all around shreve, ohio, i finally find the bog.  with any luck, i should even be able to find it again!

entering the bog:
browns_sign.jpg

intobog.jpg

two overall shots of the bog itself:
bog_overview.jpg

bogoverview1.jpg

i have been here before, and knew ahead of time that there are lots of cp's here.

lots of purp's at this bog:
purp_in_moss.jpg

purp7.jpg

purp6.jpg

purp5.jpg

purp4.jpg

purp3.jpg

purp2.jpg

purp1.jpg

if you're not careful, you could step on the pitcher plants, as they grow very close to the boardwalk!
dont_walk2.jpg

dont_walk1.jpg

try as i might, i didn't find many sundews there. mostly just seeds. i guess they are already dormant at this bog!

browns_dew_closeup.jpg

seed_pod.jpg

while i was taking picts, i heard something rustle just a few feet away from me. he was a little to sly for me, and i didn't get his head, but here's a few "body shots".

snake3.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake1.jpg

that's all i got folks, from the bog at least!
peace all,
tech...

Hey, you went to Browns bog and didn't invite me? That's ok because I'm not even allowed in that state at all anymore. That's a very cool bog. To my knowledge there is only one bog that's better than that one in Ohio, and that's Triangle lake.
It was good to see Brown's bog again. I'll probably never see it in person again.

That snake could have been a Butlers garter snake, or it could have just been a plain eastern garter snake too. Why didn't you grab it so you could have gotten a better shot?

By the way How's the big orange truck?

triangle lake is good too. maybe i'll go there in two weeks when i'm home next. the g/f wanted to go today, but she was working...

grab the snake? impossible, i would have had to leave the boardwalk to grab him, thus destroying the habitat. yea, that's it... habitat...

Dude you got to be like the Snake Master Austin Stevens. Jump in there and grab it by the tail.

Crikey lookit this one, shes bloody deadly poisonous and I've get er right by me face!

LOL Wait just a gol' dern minute! That's VENEMOUS...not poisonous! Haven't you learned anything from our snake boys?? CRIKEY!
smile_m_32.gif

NICE shots Brian! What a beautiful place to have nearby to visit. Thanks for posting the pics. I love all those ferns too.

Cool Pics! I see you got Ozzy's attention with the snake.

No he got my attention with the bog, because I've been there many times, one with Techno himself. He caught paks attention with the snake, she loves snakes.

Back