What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Posting photos

Hi all,

I have a nice pic that I'd like to post, but I can't copy/paste it into the text. Apparently, you need to first upload the pic to an online site--unfortunately, I don't have a website.

Where can I find space for the pic (<1MB) and what do I do from there? I read the guide to post pics, but all of the recommended sites to upload pics are full.

Thanks,

I use this site. Would this work for you?

cpforums.org

You can Email them to me and I can post them if you would like.

Thanks Jim,

Yes, this is the site I was talking about. I registered, but I don't see a link that would allow me to post anything. How do you post your pictures there?

At the top right is a dropdown menu called Admin Options. Within it are several options and the one you want is called "Add Photos". Then a box will appear for you to upload them. Click on Browse, which will allow you to go to where the pics are stored. Let me know if you are still experincing problems. It wasn't the most user-friendly site, but then again, I'm a baby-boomer, just trying to catch up to the cyber world.

When I logon to the site (http://www.cpforums.org/gallery), at the top right hand corner of the screen, I have three options: "slideshow," "preferences," and "logout." Unfortunately, there isn't an option that says "add photos."

Perhaps I should contact a moderator, unless one happens to read this post.

When I get a chance, I will try to figure out why you only have those options. Do you go to your established account and click on it first? After logging in, I go to Jimscott's Plants and click on anything under it and then I see the Admin Options. Not sure if that makes a difference or not

For NECPS members, i can put it up on the NECPS site so that it shows up under your gallery.  Jeff Matteson and Wild Bill both have galleries like that.  Then the only problem is getting it to me (until i add the feature to the webpage).  Where it's just one, you could email it.  If it's many, i usually ask for a CD.

An alternative is to sign up for a free geocities account on Yahoo or something similar.  If you don't trust me or something.  
mad.gif

Thanks Jim & Nate for offering to upload my pics. I'll PM you guys.

Back