What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would happen if

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
APRILH!!!!!!! Knock it off! Common sense is NOT understood by Shrub Idolizers. Give it up. You don't make any sense to them, and we don't make sense to them. In the name of "VALID REASONING", drop it so they can finally calm down. Good news though. ALL of the Ballot measures brought to bear by the California Governor for our special election, went down in total defeat. They, like many other portions of this country, have kicked the Republicans to the curb. Unfortunately, they were replaced by Democrats. But, at least their is a ray of light out there. And not Shrub Seniors "Thousand Points of Light", whatever that was supposed to mean.

A problem with the whole discussion is that any legitimate question - how to deal with terrorism, energy issues, environmental concerns, and so on - is burdened by the Bush administration's lies.

The time to debate tough questions is before, not after they become problems.  But every attempt to discuss security or hurricanes turns into an argument about the Bush administration's lies and incompetence.  And a warmed over verse of Clinton With a Blue Dress that has nothing to do with any of it.

People can decide to support Bush because it's important to them that he opposes gay marriage or gets off on guns and uniforms.  Or because the only alternative they know; the Democratic party of Clinton, Gore & Kerry, is a bunch of weasels.  With apologies to furry weasels everywhere.  But people should never let their allegiance to a person or an idea blind them to the wider reality.

If I were a conservative, which I once was, I'd be far angrier with Bush than I am as a liberal.  I hate being betrayed by my own.

It isn't common sense or no common sense. It's doing research, looking things up, and seeing or hearing what people actually said. That's what I'm interested in. It's why g*d caused man to invent Lexis-Nexis. And CNN, and MSNBC, and Drudge, and Town Hall, and Free Republic, and Salon, and Alternet...etc, etc, etc. The real words are always out there.

Back