What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need more help please

ok so i planted all these seeds but now the dirt is growing white mold so what now? what can i use to make it go away so maybe the seeds will grow.

You can try sprinkling some cinnamon on the affected areas. though I haven't tried that approach, I know that Moonflower posted abouthaving success with it. You can also try to scoop out the mold with a plastic spoon.

yeah i tried but didn't have much luck. and since the seeds were sprinkled on top i wouldn't use a spoon for fear of loosing the seeds too. any other ideas?

Yep- Blast them with a fine spray from a mister/spray-bottle til the stuff disappears...
You could always try to up the ventilation too (as in just keep them in a tray under lights or on the windowsill, not in a bag like I may have suggested)
that should help a bit!!

As Carl says...most likely you are not getting enough air circulation. If you have damp/wet soil, humid conditions and no air movement, you're gonna get mold. Even just a slight opening in a container will allow air in. I use plastic bags for some things (like rooting cuttings) and I always leave a little bit of an opening in the bag.

Good luck...hope they are ok.
smile.gif

Back