What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another serious post

Hi all,

I just returned from the veterinary clinic after two hours of tests on my dog. She fell sick yesterday and hasn't been eating. After a few tests they found that she had a build up of fluid in her abdomen. They suspect this is being caused by a tumour. Malignant or Benign? too early to tell. They will run an ultrasound tomorrow to find out for sure. If malignant they suspect she will have 2-3 weeks. If benign, well it depends on location, but it may be surgically removed safely. She had her abdomen tapped twice tonight and if the fluid builds she may start to bleed out. I'm at the beginning of what is sure to be a long night/weekend.

Zac

I'm sorry to hear that and I hope for the best.

Aw I'm sorry.
smile_h_32.gif
I hope everything works out for you and your dog.

Hey all,

Just got the results back from the clinic. She doesn't have cancer, or a tumor for that matter. She has been diagnosed with addisons disease. It distended her abdomen and filled it with a still unknown liquid. They've run bloodwork to confirm the diagnosis and may have to do exploratory surgery on her abdomen to investigate this leakage(possible hemorhage). The long and short is that she's likely to live out the rest of her life smoothly needing one injection every 4 weeks. I'm quite relieved.

Thx bruce and est for your kind words,

Zac

Whew! Every time something happens to my dogs like that, I expect the worst - and am usually right. It's great to hear that it's less serious than feared. What a relief!!!

Capslock

Glad to hear that you're dog is going to be alright. I know in my home our dog is part of the family, and if something was wrong with "Bubba", it would be pretty devestating. Hope your dog has many more years to go!

Thx Bruce I'd been hunting the net for a few hours yesterday and already had that one bookmarked. it's the best I saw. Thx for the help though,

Zac

I just saw this post. I'm so glad your dog has something less serious than a tumor. I know how it is when something is wrong with a beloved pet. Its really rough. Been there, done that.

I hope everything goes well for her.
smile.gif
Let us know how she's doing.

Back