What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wilma

• Thread starter dewy
  • Start date
Wilma seems to be on a rapid intensification phase. Look at the satellite image below. You can clearly see the small eye developing and the intense convection surrounding the eye. To my knowledge I have never seen a hurricane with such an intense cdo. Katrina and Rita never even had one this intense in their early stages.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/FLOAT/IR4/20.jpg

Too bad we didn't have any called Fred, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, or Bam-Bam!
smile_m_32.gif

Crap. As of 2am winds up to 150mph. I was supposed to goto an orchid show in central florida this weekend.
-Nick

Holy Crap! 5am update 175mph, pressure 884mb lowest ever recorded in atlantic basin.

It's become the strongest hurricane in history, atleast for a while. REALLY scary how fast it grew.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 18 2005,9:58)]Too bad we didn't have any called Fred, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, or Bam-Bam!  
smile_m_32.gif
Don't leave out Dino...

And Hampy, or whatever the Rubble's pet's name was!

Hey, what's this I hear about Wilma being the lasy in our aplphabet to be used and now we'll have to use Greek? That's bogus! Why can'y we jusy go with Xavier, Yolanda, and Zorro? And why couldn't we use Quincy?

Yeah...I don't know what idiot thought up the current naming rules. What's wrong with just cycling through the alphabet over and over? Why skip letters? There are names that begin with Q, Y, Z etc. Most of the time we don't get all the way through the alphabet so we end up using the first half of letters over and over while the end half rarely get used.

Yeah...Wilma is freakin' people out. Fastest intensifying hurricane ever...lowest barometric pressure reading ever...from tropical to a CAT 5 in about 24 hrs--NOT good. But it will at least slow down before it hits land most likely. I hope FL doesn't end up like LA and MS.
confused.gif

Batten down the hatches Jan!! Head for Reno!!
smile_m_32.gif

Dr. Turi predicted this too
smile_h_32.gif

Back