What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everyone. Wow it's been a long time. I'm so sorry I poofed like that. My hard drive crashed and after a month with no contact and my life getting more and more hecktic at school I just didn't get my lazy bumb over here. I hope I did not scare, upset, sadden, enrage or worry anyone.

All that being said I have been trying to keep up my collection although I had some losses over the summer from "events". The Good news is I have also had some great successes. My Ceph is climing out of it's pot, litterally, as are several other plants. I nursed my ailing vfts back to health... although I still do not know for surtain why two of them suddenly crashed, and I am taking a wetland plant class and learning a bit more about plants that live in bogs in general.

smile.gif
Oh and my purple pitcher plant I grew from seed now makes mature adult traps and has devided it's itty bitty rhysome. I'm transplanting it this winter... er expanding the the amount of soil around it's little floating peat pellot, lol.

I was also able to collect some native sphagnum from a bog loaded with D. rotundifolia and S. Purpurea so I have my fingers crossed I got a seed or two in the process. If not I at least have the material to start a little outdoor bog with now
smile.gif

Thats about it for news from me. Other then my classes are eating me alive. I hope everyone has had a great spring/summer.

Hey Darcie! LTNS!

Well yeah we were kinda wondering what happened to you. But it sounds like other than the usual life stresses, you are well.

You should post some pics of that ceph. Would love to see it.
smile.gif

Welcome back!

Welcome back, Darcie. Glad to hear your plants are (for the most part) doing well. This summer was tough on a lot of us....Mega heat wave in the NE ravaged my highlanders. (Ravaged. I like that. Good sound to it). So it's nice to hear some success stories!
smile.gif

Hey Darcie!
This summer was bad for everyone - but in our case out here it's because it was cold and foggy all summer. My sarras are really pathetic looking right now.

Good to see you back!

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Darcie @ Oct. 19 2005,8:20)]I hope I did not scare, upset, sadden, enrage or worry anyone.
LOL! I felt all of those! I just logged on to catch up on posts before I went back to processing samples and I saw all these Darcie posts. I'm like wow, she's back! I was all set to do a welcome back Darcie topic, but I saw that you already re-introduced yourself.

WELCOME BACK!
smile.gif

Yeah...I have to add the summer whumped me on plants too. Extreme temps in my house wiped out a lot of my collection despite my efforts.
smile_h_32.gif

But...I can pretend I'm a newbie and have the fun of starting over.
smile_l_32.gif

Welcome back, I have been wondering about you and how you are doing. I'm glad you're back

The summer was great for my plants. Plenty of heat and plenty of rain. The move was what was tough on mine.

Welcome back, even though I don't think I've ever really met you!

As far as the summer goes, my plants did fine since most of them are in terrariums inside in the air conditioning. Well, scratch that. I lost a few Neps which was pretty hard to deal with
smile_h_32.gif
Besides that though, most of my plants did very well and flowered a ton. Now that we're heading into winter all my tropical CPs are still growing like mad, which is great.

Nice to meet you and I'd love to see a picture of your Ceph as well!

OH MY GOD!!! DARCIE!!!!! *glomps* (and I RARELY use that term)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But...I can pretend I'm a newbie and have the fun of starting over.
Just happen to not get on for a week and come back. I get several "welcome back"s for no reason when I do that.

A;ways good to have the Flytrap Freak and the Flytrapgurl back on the forums! Now how about getting Tamlin and the Pond Boy!?

Welcome back Darcie, good to see some familiar names. I was gone for a while also, and during that time... well I only have one VFT(thankfully it has reproduced itself too) left of like 6. I sustained some heavy damage in my terrarium(RIP) due to neglect on my part. They dried up and shrivled(sp?).

jimscotscoot, once again I say...... I didn't know I left o_O

What'd I write? Oh yeah... it's different than when I first joined. The 4 of you were on every day and all the time. Now, it is much more sporadic for all of you.

*nods slowly while silently wondering what "sporadic" means*

Bascically, I'm saying it's unpredictible. It could be once a week or once every couple weeks or....

Hell and welcome back Darcie, im new here and just getting started out with CP's. Nice to meet you!
smile.gif

Back