What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few photos of some of my plants

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Been a while since I posted any pics so I thought I'd do that and show some of the plants I got this past year and managed not to kill.

George_Sargent_primulaflora_and_2_e.jpg

This is the P. 'George Sargent' (on the left) I got at the last NASC auction. On the right is a P. primulaflora that I got from Jim-Scott and almost succeeded in killing. I stuck it in with two P. ehlersiae which were bigger than it was at the time. I figured that would make it grow big enough to crowd the two smaller pings and force me to eventually replant them. I was right
smile_n_32.gif

emarginatabloom.jpg

This is the flower of my P. emarginata that I got from Rose at the last auction. This pic just about gets the right color though it's more of a dark violet and less red than in the picture.

Cepphalotus_follicularis.jpg

This one is one of the few of my plants I am afraid to experiment with for fear of killing it. Most of the others I treat like houseplants. This one I baby. Once I get some cuttings of it I might experiment but 'till then I'll play it safe.

VFT_seedlings.jpg

And lastly for the night, these are seedlings from one of my VFTs that I selfed. When they get bigger, I'm thinking of cross pollinating them to see if I can get something with more red in it. Right now they are about half the size of a penny.

Ya'll come back now, hear.

...take your shoes off... set a spell...

Thanks for sharing, Steve!

Something looks familiar there.

Looks like the Ceph is doing good for you.

Awsome pics and beautiful plants, i know this may sound stupid since im a newbie but how in the world do ya feed the teeny tiny baby VFTs? There so delicate and precious.. Thanks for sharring with us!
smile.gif

Ya let it get gnats and the like. One thing to remember is that the carnivorous features are one part of its needs. They are like any other plant in that they need light, water, and air circulation.

Neet pics. I'm glad to hear that you're putting the time in to growing VFTs from seed and making interesting crosses. Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Well here are a few more pics. Can't say I'm any more awake than I was when I posted the first few.

These are the Drosera filiformis ssp filiformis I started from seed a year ago (thanks Brooks!). Thought I'd done a good job of spreading them evenly over the surface of the peat. Yeah, right!
Drosera_filiformis_ssp_filiformis.jpg

Another P. ehlersiae. What can I say. It's one of my favorite pings, so I have one or two or three or ....
Pinguiculaehlersiae.jpg

These are seedlings of P. lusitanica. I had tried to grow this ping from seed a couple of times and finally succeeded with seed from elgecko this last July. As usuall, I spread the seed evenly......on one side of the pot
smile_n_32.gif
Pinguiculaluscitanica.jpg

And now for the dew that I am <s>famous</s> notorious for........D. scorpioides!
Droserascorpioidespinkflower.jpg

Droserascorpioideswhiteflower.jpg

Drosera_scorpioides_white_flower_pi.jpg

For those not familiar with pygmy sundews and those funny green lumps in the center of the plant, all I will tell you for now is be afraid, very afraid!

Mwahahahaha!!

Very cool plants BCK!

I love those P. lusitanica. I just started some seeds of that plant and am waiting for them to germinate. How long did it take those seedlings to get that big after germination?

By the way, I know what you mean about spreading seed "evenly." That gets me EVERY time I start seed
smile_n_32.gif

Not sure how long it took them to sprout. Maybe two and a half to three weeks. Which gave them about 12 weeks to grow to this size (about the same diameter as a nickle).

Back