What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm attending the national youth leadership forum

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
My parents recieved this letter today.

Dear Parent,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that your son, clint, has been nominated to attentd the National Youth Leaderhsip forum on Medicine.

Your son's participation should be a tremendous honor for you, and it is extremely important to me.  As an alumnus of the inaugural session of the National youth Leadership Forum on Mediceine, I am a strong believer in the educational opportunities offered by this challenging and motivational program.

blah blah blah, talks about personal experiances of Shashin Doshi, M.D.

For your son, this program could very well serve as a life-changing experience - as he will participate and serve in a program reserved only for the highest achieving students in America, who exhibit exceptional leadership potential as well as an interest in and an aptitude for a career in medicine.

In the next few days, Clint will receive official confirmations of his nomination with all of the important details we will need for enrollment.

As a Forum participant, Clint will be adademically challenged, encouraged and motivated by interaction with  practicing medical professionals.  He will enhance his already impressive scholastic credentials and be able to highlight his attendance at the Forum when applying to top colleges and universities.

blah blah blah future caree.

The Forum on Medicine expects to enroll students form a variety of backgrounds and with a broad range of interests and goals.  I hope your son will choose to join these highly motivated and accomplished sophomores and juniors from across America.

blah blah questions and comments.

Sincerely,

Shashin Doshi, M.D.
Senior Councilor to the National youth Leadership Forum on Medicine

I'm so happy!

yey, congrats,
blah blah blah... hope its fun...
blah blah blah... yey
biggrin.gif

Impressive,
congratulations on your invitation.
Any area of medicine in particular?

Congratulations, Clint! Hey, ya never know... this could be a life-changing experince.

I just had a crazy/scary though... think about a person who is into CP's, catching bugs for pure delight of watching them slowly be assimilated - doing brain surgery and making landmark decisions.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
laugh.gif

hehehe, i'm so happy! can't wait! i'm interested in being an endocrinologist because i'm told theres a shortage of them and they make alot of money
smile.gif

I think working with plants and animals, like deep sea sponges and protists to produce new drugs would be way cool too!

excuse me, i have to go sew someones head back on.

LOL

Wow...that's awsome! Congratulations.
smile.gif

Well, becoming a dr. would sure fit your forum name. lol

When is this thing and how long does it last?

i dont know. i'll be going wherever i'm going for atleast a week. i'm supposed to get a big package full of stuff within the next few days. It's just like, lectures and stuff and a hands-on aproach to medicine and learning about new drugs and stuff. i'm VERY excited about this.

http://www.nylf.org/

Just out of curiosity, is this at Emory University? I was at Emory last summer for a program and I think I ran into a couple people from the national youth leadership forum on medicine.

~ Brett

Here's a link to a video about VFT's:

VFT Video

Back