What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dont you....

dont you just hate it when the cockroaches and or ants crawl out of your cereal box?

What are you talking about? I've never had ants or roaches come out of my cerial.... weebles in a box of macncheese... yeah... but roaches? ? ? ?

oh, it may be different bugs in different locations but the point is still the same. man do i hate it!!!! makes me
mad.gif

Hmm... Okay. I started putting my pasta in the freezer and havn't ever had that problem again... Isn't cerial in a sealed baggie? Mine is... You could try thos plastic tupperware thingies...

yeah.  i really dont know how the hell they get there but they manage somehow.  i think what may attract them is that there may be some crums inside the box to the bottom that fall in when im done pouring...

I learned years ago to take all dry food products out of their original containers and store them in tightly sealed plastic containers like Tupperware (cereal, flour, sugar, instant potatoes, rice, etc.). Solved all the invasive critter problems. In fact Tupperware makes an excellent cereal container with a pour spout that will keep your cereal fresh forever! I love it. ('Cept I can't eat cereal because it makes me noodly
confused.gif
).

To this day I can't use a tea kettle I can't see through because when I was living in an old apartment that had roaches, I saw one crawl out of my tin tea kettle. Now its glass kettles or no kettles (even though thankfully my house has never had roaches.)

I heartily recommend the Tupperware cereal keepers. Its the best thing they make (or made).

you really want to hear something funny. i threw out a package of pancake mix about 6 months ago that had lil beetles in it. a few weeks ago while ordering fruitflies for my dart frogs i ordered a culture of rice flour beetles to ad variety to their diet over the winter when i cant collect bugs out side. after looking ver the culture i discovered i paid $16 for what i tossed out a few months before
smile_n_32.gif

I gota agree if your having probs with bugs in the food try storing everything in the Tupperware or other brand food containers, plus maybe try some ant and roach trap thingies placed in the cupboards. I dont have any pest probs other than the once a yr in spring suger ants on the counter by the sink.

Trustworthy cure for roaches: Boric acid. Don't waste your money on Roach Pruf or any of that stuff. All it is is boric acid. Go to a drug store, buy some boric acid, put it in a ketchup squirter and blow the powder under things like fridges, stoves, etc. KEEP IT AWAY FROM PETS. You can put it in cabinets if you cover it with lose shelf paper (so roaches can get under it). The powder stick to them like a magnet...they carry it back to their breeding grounds and in a couple of weeks no more roaches. Works like a charm. I used it in that old apartment and never saw a roach again after that. The powder must be dry so if it gets wet, re-apply.

But yeah Tupperware makes some products that Glad and those companies dont make like the cereal keeper. Their cannisters are excellent too. I don't trust any packaging critters can chew through.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 28 2005,8:50)]you really want to hear something funny. i threw out a package of pancake mix about 6 months ago that had lil beetles in it. a few weeks ago while ordering fruitflies for my dart frogs i ordered a culture of rice flour beetles to ad variety to their diet over the winter when i cant collect bugs out side. after looking ver the culture i discovered i paid $16 for what i tossed out a few months before  
smile_n_32.gif
lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 28 2005,11:35)]I learned years ago to take all dry food products out of their original containers and store them in tightly sealed plastic containers like Tupperware (cereal, flour, sugar, instant potatoes, rice, etc.).  Solved all the invasive critter problems.  In fact Tupperware makes an excellent cereal container with a pour spout that will keep your cereal fresh forever!  I love it
Amen sister! We have oodles of Tupperware for foodstuffs. Gladware is for CP's!
smile.gif

Bugs crawling out of food contatiners? How about drinking straight from a carton of apple juice and finding a live wasp in your mouth? Now THAT was something to yelp about. Luckily it didn't sting me. Another time I chugged apple juice there were weird lumps in it. I emptied the remaining contents (half was already sitting in my stomach) into a glass and to my horror it had turned into a mould culture. I learned my lesson.
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif

Cheers

ohmigod...
smile_t_32.gif
Always LOOK before you eat or drink.

Then there's the forum member who purposely eats crickets......
smile_k_ani_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Oct. 28 2005,10:54)]Another time I chugged apple juice there were weird lumps in it.  I emptied the remaining contents (half was already sitting in my stomach) into a glass and to my horror it had turned into a mould culture.  I learned my lesson.
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif

Cheers
now thats a man!
laugh.gif
though

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]('Cept I can't eat cereal because it makes me noodly
confused.gif
).

ROFL!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]now thats a man!
laugh.gif
though

... I think I'm going to start wearing dresses.
smile_n_32.gif

Back