What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new gun

• Thread starter Wesley
  • Start date

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I just got my new gun this morning! It is a Knight .50 caliber muzzleloader. What fun!

32988575O905719384.jpg

32988669O788777734.jpg

IN LINE.   Come visit and we'll go ball and patch.  Actually the site on my old black powder is messed up and needs some work..I considered an in line, but I am going to stick with ball and patch.  Makes it so much more of a challenge.  Congrats.

Oh, Is that a one power scope. That is all the in lines can you here.

There's no need to say my opinion of muzzleloaders with modern stocks and scopes, but I think muzzloader deer season should be restricted to awkward and unreliable "old-fashioned" guns, whatever their age.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Oct. 29 2005,1:56)]There's no need to say my opinion of muzzleloaders with modern stocks and scopes, but I think muzzloader deer season should be restricted to awkward and unreliable "old-fashioned" guns, whatever their age.
actually Bruce alot of the original type black powder rifles are quite reliable and anything but ackward. they are just ment for shooting distances of under 200 yards. and some or very good at it.

Muzzleloaders are actually just hi-tech looking blackpowdered guns that now allow you to use a scope. Like rattler said, they are meant for somewhat shortranged shots. As for the season, I don't know about the state you are in, but NC only has one week of muzzleloader season. Not hardly enough to kill 1-3 deer if you are lucky. And actually I don't know youre opinion of guns.... I don't believe I've ever seen any posts about them. I'd love to know it though.

The muzzleloader seasons were started for people who wanted to use old or old-fashioned guns.  I think the original intent was pretty cool.  But that's been lost.  A good example is a 1 power scope, which meets the letter but not the spirit of laws in states that prohibit magnifying telescopic sights during muzzleloading season.

My opinion of guns has changed over the years.  I used to love them and, although I never have been a good shot with a shotgun, I almost reached the expert level on the boy scout rifle range the summer I turned 16.  I joined the NRA when I was ~15 (I'm 44 now) but eventually was really turned off by the NRA, even before I turned liberal.  The only gun I've kept from my younger days is my grandfather's old Winchester Model 12.  I've kept it for sentimental reasons only, because it's a full choke 12 gauge rabbit gun and we have no use for that.

My wife & I are thinking of getting a 16 gauge because she field trains Brittanies.  But I'd be happy if there were serious hurdles in front of someone buying a gun.  I don't see that as a threat to gun ownership; only a threat to the industry's sales volume.

GUNS! Hey i LOVE guns & knives to,
My fav custom made 22, my dad made this gun for me befour he died. Right now its in the cop shop, dont ask long story.
mad.gif

traceysgun22.jpg

7mm sniper
traceywith7mmsniperrifle.jpg

old Winchester 30 30
traceywithwinchester3030.jpg

Yes my kids know very well how to shoot as they were taught at a very very young age.
cassieandandrea.jpg

Cassie way back with a AK assult rifle, no this is NO TOY!
cassiewithakassultriffle.jpg

and yes they even know what knives are all about.
smile_n_32.gif

andreaknifehead.jpg

Hhhhhmmmmmmm cant seem to find pics of the jap or the 20 gauge will have to look for them tomarrow.
And this is what i like posted all around my property..
gallery_thehunt_11.jpg

HAVE A NICE DAY!!
smilie4.gif

Cool pics, and very nice guns. Those knives look.... scary to say the least.

that's no AK that is a good ol' American m16 a2 from veitnam an even better gun, but not as reliable as the AK

this is an AK-47
ak-47
and an m16 a2
m16 a2

[b said:
Quote[/b] (llama boy @ Oct. 30 2005,8:45)]that's  no AK that is a good ol' American m16 a2 from veitnam an even better gun, but not as reliable as the AK

this is an AK-47
ak-47
and an m16 a2
m16 a2
Thanks for correcting me on that but thats what we called it, dont matter to us as long as it kicks butt.. LOL!!

Back