What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resources?

Hey. I'm doing a research project for school about carnivorous plants; more specifically, how they, and other plants, physically move in response to stimuli. I would greatly appreciate if someone could link me to some sites, or give me some information about it themselves. Thanks ^_^.

I second the FAQ that was suggested above.

Also, if you need any pictures or info on carnivorous plants, feel free to use any of the stuff on my website: Mitch's Carnivores

I don't have anything on there in terms of carnivorous plant movement, but there's plenty of pictures if you need any for your report.

If your teacher's OK with it (ask first), you might want to try Wikipedia. If nothing else, the "External Links" are often quite helpful.

~ Brett

By movement, I was referring to how venus fly traps close to trap insects. But thanks for your help!
biggrin.gif

The PBS video "Death Trap" goes into great detail on how Venus Flytraps close, but I don't know if you can find it. I own it though
biggrin.gif

Back