What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That was a big freaking needle....................

i ***HATE*** needles. the doc just pumped my left knee full of cortizone, lidocaine and one other pain killer i think, using a 3 inch needle buried up to the hilt. he says if it lasts atleast 6 months im good, anything less and he is shipping me out the door for surgery to see exactly what is wrong. ive got 12 hours off being very carefull till the pain killers wear off or i risk popping my knee out of joint and the steroids will kick in anywhere from 12 hours to 3 days from now. hopefully this works.

MMMM sounds like fun
smile.gif
Before I had my back surgery the docs were doing all kinds of tests to try to find out what was wrong. Imagine a 1/8 inch dia. 8 inch long needle jammed all the way into your vertibrae while they inject some kind of dye in there. Talk about PAIN!!!!!!! And they had me in la la land with all the stuff they had in me, didn't help the pain though.

Ya, I got a spinal tap once. Needle right into the spine of the lower back, most needles don't hurt but that one did. Anyhow, my back hurt for a week or so, blah.

yeah, i know it doesnt compare to a spinal tap. actualy the shot its self wasnt bad but i really dont like th efeeling of all the stuff being pushed in.

the funny thin is, up until the 7th grade i didnt mind needles. but that year i had my appendix out. 2 nurses poked me full of holes for a half hour trying to get an IV in me. when they ran out of places in my arms to poke and started discussing sticking one in my foot i kinda flipped out. my mom made them call in a doc and he stick one my arm on the fiirst try. havent been able to tolerate needles ever since.

one nurse got a kick out of me a few years later when i had surgery on one of my knees. they hooked me up to a heart monitor before putting in the IV, when they brought out the needle i guess my pulse and BP jumped dramaticly and she thought it was hilarious
confused.gif

Y'all are making me woozy...
confused.gif

Yeah...cortisone feels creepy being injected. I don't care for shots too much but kinda got over the major squeamishness after taking 2-4 allergy shots every week for about 2 years. Then I got a lot of shots in the hospital after surgery. So...I don't like 'em but there are worse things. Like being sliced open...

needles, i have gone hysterical over them, i was recomended to a phycologist after my docter saw my reaction. I remember that i had to get a surgery that involved needles, and lots of em. i had to get a dental surgery that required twelve injections, and no this is NOT A HYPERBOLE!

it messed me up, i cant even stand pric-blood tests. We can create a box that can project images, we utilized the power of light and converted it into electricity, we even sent a living being into space BUT WE CANT FIND AN ALTERNITIVE TO PRIMITIVE thin METAL TUBES! Come on, we even found ways to cut metal using light, yet we remain bound to these injections.

laugh.gif
 wow

A doctor sent you to a phycologist (someone who studies algae)?!?!?

Your doctor seems to have some serious issues and probably should be referred to a psychologist.

I don't mind needles, as long as it's a hot nurse on the other end of it.

Hello%20Nurse.JPG

Was the needle square Rattler?
laugh.gif

Herenthere, lol, i have to be more carfull on spelling. What a boring career, who would study algea? Then again algea is used in industrial advancements.

Other than for the fact that all of life depends on algae, it's pretty unimportant. Probably seems awfully insignificant while a doctor approches with the needle from h*ll.

Algae...both a boon and a bane.
smile_l_32.gif

you gotta watch out for that cortizone (spelling i know) shots..it seems my family is alergic to them.. everytime someone in y family gets one..everything gets worse than it started out being...

hey..idr who talked bout having ther apendix out but i had mine out when i was 5. i told so mad at the nurse but it wasnt for any needles as needles dont bother me. i yelled at the nurse and told her to leave me alone bc everynight they woke me up like every 2 hours to take my blood pressure and finally one the 2nd or third night i had had enough..lol

thanks

BRad

Back