What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer fry

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Howdy all, my piece of junk motherboard decided that it was "feeling lucky, punk" and that today was in fact, a "good day to die." Sooo, that means Frys runs for me in the future and until then I'm stuck using the computer in the room next to mine, which is a rather ugly prospect, so I wont be online quite so much.

How is this of any relevance to anything at all? Well, I just wanted to let the folks whom expect PM replies (and any new PMs that come in, in addition) that I'm unable to use a computer that doesn't make me want to cry, and that I haven't forgotten about you. Well, at the very least, let's hope that it IS the motherboard that died, not something else making it look like it's the mobo's fault. Well, that's my fiasco, it shouldn't take much time a'tall to sort out, but it'll be monday before I can get a new board and all that good stuff.

Well, I hope you all have a fine weekend, and I'll try to reply to waiting PMs soon. G'nite!
--Jonathan

My condolences! TTYL, Jim

Awww...sorry to hear that.
smile_h_32.gif
I hope you get it up and running soon. Computer problems suck. I fully expect that to be my next disaster. That or my car breaking down. If its not one thing, its another...

Hm, well, I managed to get parts on Sunday, so I'm ahead of track. Actually, my new board is pretty nice, I got a new power supply (PSU) as well!

This board actually supports AGP 8x that my video card offers, it's the same brand as my last one so some components are the same so it's made the change easier (linux didn't even flinch
smile.gif
). Got a Sempron 2800+ CPU (nifty, dual core), and the integrated 6 speaker sound is pretty good! (as good or better than my sound card) and it came with some need software as well. Not to mention, it's SOOO much more quiet now, and that's lovely.

Still have to work through some kinks, but it's nice to have a working machine again.
smile.gif

Sweet relief!
smile.gif

well..i cant say i feel ur pain..as i havent lost one of my amazing apple computers yet..but i have lost some stuff i had on my moms crap computer..

apple is the way to go..

thanks

Brad

Back