What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with the name of a plant

• Thread starter NTrav
  • Start date
If anyone knows what kind of plant this is, it would really help me out. There are two pictures of it, one from the side and one fom above at an angle. Plant Pictures

It looks like a form of Dracaena.

Kinda hard to tell from the plant but it looks like what's called a corn plant. They are commonly sold in stores as they are fairly hardy low-light indoor plants (well, indoor if you live in temperate areas). If its not that, I'd guess its a relative. Like Ron said, a member of the Dracaena family.

Hi and welcome to the discussion forum! I'm not sure what type of plant it is, but I tried doing a Google. Check this link out for Dracena care:

Dracena care

When I searched, I saw references to Lucky Bamboo and Sanderiana, which I have seen called corn Plants. I remember seeing Green & Red Sanderiana being sold at pet shops, but they didn't look like those in your pictures.

It's Dracena "Janet Craig"

Thank's for all the answers, they were a huge help

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Nov. 06 2005,5:42)]It's Dracena "Janet Craig"
The exercise lady? Seriously, we used to sell those at the tropical fish wholesaler, along with Crotons, Red & Green Corn, Purple Krinkle, Gold Dust, and Florida Beauty - lotsa non-aquatic cuttings.

Back