What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone remember?

• Thread starter fc3srx713b
  • Start date
How about actually dialing phones?? Or no ATMs?

Capslock

I cant imagine going back to when we didnt have a microwave! or them old purculator coffee makers blech!!

Remember the first CP you murdered?
smile_m_32.gif

I didn't murder my first cp, it committed suicide.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I didn't murder my first cp, it committed suicide.
smile_n_32.gif

ROFL! I think we can compromise and call it "assisted suicide."

Hey...I was 10, I didn't know about dormancy :p

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] remember the pull tabs they used to have on cans?
and yeah I think they still sell vanilla coke here too
Oh yeah I remember the pull tabs. GRRRR I hated those. Actually I found one way out in the boonies when I was camping last summer.
They still sell vanilla coke here too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (unknownclown @ Nov. 15 2005,6:03)]I cant imagine going back to when we didnt have a microwave!
you know, the new generation is highly dependant on microwaves. are you? is that they only way you can cook?
smile_l_32.gif

smile_m_32.gif

I am dependant on my microwave but since Im old I know how to use an oven and stove too. But why wait 45 minutes for a baked potato when I only have to wait 5 in a microwave. My parents hardly use thiers though and remind me quite often how much better the food is without a microwave.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Remember when girls had cooties?

rofl! Good one.
biggrin.gif

I hate to say what I remember...but at least I feel better since CNReefer remembers black and white TV. lol

I remember 25-cent movies and 10-cent popcorn and candy that you got out of a machine by pulling a knob.

Cokes in glass bottles in big coolers where you pulled the bottle out of a metal-holder thingy.

Wax lips at Halloween (a holiday where you MADE your costume...didn't buy it in a store).

Juke box playing Woolie Bullie at the swimming pool. Loved that song.

Paper matches with the strike plate on the front.

I remember my family going to watch Bonanza every Sunday at my grandparent's house because they had one of the first color TVs in town.
smile.gif

Rotary dial wall phones.

I have one foot in the grave...
confused.gif

Ok... can't let the older members feel TOO alone here. I remember...

- 78 RPM records! and 45 RPMs, with the little disk you clicked in the middle... And 8-tracks (bleck!)
- Learning to type on an actual typewriter, not a word processor/computer. A typewriter that didn't plug in wall either, mind you...
- SkyLab!
- Pre-microwave cooking, with recipes that weren't even written down (grandma's special coffee cake, yum!)
- B&W TV upstairs, and some of the syndicated shows were still in B&W, though we had a color set in the living room.
- First computer was an Apple II with no hard drive! It came some-assembly-required. The monitor was a green-screen monochrome.

Transister radios, Opie Taylor, Hogans Heroes, Get Smart, I Dream Of Jeannie, Super Bowl 2, Gilligan's Island in B & W, Laugh In, Batman, Ed Sullivan, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing", "you bet your sweet bippy", "Here comes the judge", "It's sock it to me time", Flintstones, Jetsons, Romper Room, Couargeous Cat, Underdog, Krazy Kat, Woody Woodpecker,.....

LOL I like that.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yum...vanilla coke....another great soda taken off production. Along with those "flavored" Mountain Dews (I liked the black one)
...dude, vanilla coke and black mountain dew are both still everywhere... o_O

Playing Kirby's Dreamland 3 on super NES at my friend's house, Going trick-or treating as a Nepenthes(my mom made the costume), angry beavers,calvin and hobbes, Citra(a failed citrus soda, kinda like a non-diet fresco), Squeez-its, and especially the best show ever, LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE!!!(anyone remember that show?)

LOL, just the other day me and my friends were talking about Legends of the Hidden Temple. You can find clips of it on Google. I was shocked at how rediculous it seems now that I'm older. Do you remember the other show, the video game one?
~Joe

Back