What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newest Member Of The Family

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
smile.gif
Well our almost month old baby girl will be home soon, shes still on the bottle but is eatting hay and pellets pretty well now. Shes alreay litter box trained and will also be harness/leash trained, JR is building her a nice large outdoor enclosure come spring. I will get some pics of her once shes home. I am posting few links so you can see what she looks like and get info on her. Although this isnt our girl it gives you a idea of what she looks like and is..
http://www.nc-claws.org/mischief.htm

This link tells you alot but you have to click the next button to get to more info pages.
http://shorttailedopossum.tripod.com/patagonian_cavy_caresheet.htm

-----------
edit: just fixed your first link.
smile.gif

that's definately something i've never seen before. it's like a deer/kangaroo/rabbit. very cool.

Cool.
Congrats, really interesting.

Awwww...how cute! I'd like one of those.
smile.gif
But so would Ollie...
confused.gif

Wow! That's amazing; I've never seen one of those before! I don't need to worry about ever getting one though: can't get bloody anything in California.
confused.gif
Very cool though, and congrats on yours!

Wow! That's really cool. JLAP is right, it's like a kangaroo rabbith thing....A kangabit!

smile.gif
Thanks everyone im glad you all like the P. cavy even though i havent posted pics of my baby yet which i herd tonight she might be home tomarrow YIPPY!! That means lots pics for everyone to see.. Shes comming home with her toys, litter box, litter box stuff which they dont use cat litter so its newspaper stuff called "Carefresh", a supply of her food for a month, her milk and bottle, vitamins, apple treats and her fav blankie..
smilie4.gif
Boy oh boy i think im gona have my hands full now, shes gona get bigger than my pugs and boston.. LOL!! Shes already use to dogs and cats and lots daily house traffic and on a schedual of sleeping in her crate at night and in the crate when not supervised. As soon as shes home i will get the pics..
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Nov. 26 2005,4:17)]that's definately something i've never seen before. it's like a deer/kangaroo/rabbit. very cool.
Reminds me of the jack-elope from "Funniest People". "....fast as fast can be..."

Meet "Elsa" our new baby girl, i will get some pics of her being bottle fed later today..
ourP.jpg

ourPcavyElsa1127054MonA.jpg

ourPcavyElsa1127054MonD.jpg

ourPcavyElsa1127054MonC.jpg

and getting a chin scratch rub and lovins from mom...
ourPcavyElsa1127054MonB.jpg

oh man dont show that cute lil thing to my wife.........i dont need another furry critter. mind if i ask how much she cost? ive had lots of small exotics over the years but never one of those.

rattler_mt, Elsa didnt cost me a dime she was a rescue surrender, i have been rescuing exotics for man many yrs. She wont be able to stay in the house permenately due to she will get as tall as my english bulldog and is better suited to be in a outdoor enclosure. But for the first several months shes in the house. There price ranges from state to state and from breeder to breeder, you have to check your city and state laws/regulations on keeping medium size exotics such as her. Most have gone for 75 to 150 bucks. This little girl was bought on a whim from a ohio animal auction and the lady didnt know what she was getting into or how to properly care for her.. She was surrenderd to me by the owner..
Heres pics of her getting her "Binky" Bottle.
JR gving her Binky bottle 1,
Elsa112805A.jpg

and then JR was thinking not sure if she wants Binky bottle 2,
Elsa112805C.jpg

and he was wrong down the hatch it goes... LOL!!
Elsa112805B.jpg

and even though this is blurry here she is playing with one of my pug pups Dejah Vu.
Elsa112805.jpg

cool, actually i got my chinchillas from a guy who had no room for them anymore. ive gotten snakes the same way. very cool critter but i think our winters would be a bit chilly for them if they prefer the outdoors. keep the photos coming, i cant wait to see some of when she is older.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 28 2005,4:15)]very cool critter but i think our winters would be a bit chilly for them if they prefer the outdoors.
rattler_mt, these animals can survive outdoors durring the winter, we have some really bad winters here, most breeders and owners just dont subject them to that untill there alittle older. As long as they are provided with proper outdoor housing, with us we will make sure she has a heated house next winter. There are owners who keep them as house pets only devoting one small room in the house to be theres. There poo is rabbit/deer pellet type they pee more than they poo.. LOL!!

Back