What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this a sign your frustrated with your dog?

i had a dream last night where i shot her. not on accident mind you, it was premeditated murder. our dog is an 8 month old Schipperkee female. actually a nice dog but i thank god she isnt going to get much bigger than her current 12 pounds or so. typical of her breed she is extreamly smart, however she also has an independent/stubborn streak a mile long. while she understands and obeys the word "no" she talks back about the whole ordeal worse than a teenager. we keep her tied up here at the office, generally where ever im going to be working so she gets attention through the day. this is mainly to keep her from scooting out the front door and scarring the crap out of customers as she sounds a whole lot bigger than she is. however she knows the finer points of tieing some one up with said chain and as near as i can figure is doin it on purpose just to see me fall. evil lil dog, i love her but i dont want another one..............oh yeah and her FAVORITE game is stealling my chair as soon as i stand up

most recent pics of her, from last week

2fd61364.jpg

9a6ea4a9.jpg

Beautiful dog. I would warn you that shooting your dog is frowned upon by most civilized nations so I'd try to quell those dreams
smile_m_32.gif
. Again lovely dog

lol im on an indian reservation, they make puppy soup, no worries
smile_m_32.gif

Therapy, Sheridan, therapy!
smile_m_32.gif
laugh.gif
At least Darla wasn't in the nightmare!

is the therapy working for your sandersonii blue issues Jim?
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Well I'm with you Rattler! Yesterday we got off work a little early because it snowed. So last nite I was making a vat of Chicken Divan for the office party to be held today. I had the sauce made, the broccoli steaming, the chicken breasts cooked and cooling. I went into the den for a few minutes. I noticed Ollie wasn't around. It was very quiet. No dog + quiet = trouble. So, I went to the kitchen to check. Sure 'nuff Ollie is in the kitchen. I looked at him. He looked at me. I looked at the plate of chicken. Uhoh...not in the same position it was when I left it. I check it out and discover that one of the three huge chicken breasts is MISSING. I looked in the sink...I looked in the floor...I looked all over. No chicken. I looked at Ollie and started yelling at him! "Ohmigod you ate the chicken for the Chicken Divan!!!" As I'm shrieking...he's just calmly staring at me. I stop yelling. He looks me right in the eye...and..BURPS! He ate the chicken and has the nerve to burp in my face! I couldn't believe it.

Ollie was so bad throughout the rest of the evening (later jumping up on the table in the breakfast room and walking amidst some CHINA) that he got crated. He also seems to think snow is evil because every time I let him out, he'd just stand and bark and growl (simultaneously...causing me to check to see if there were TWO dogs in the yard).

Things deteriorated further. Shortly after that, while chopping the two remaining chicken breasts, there was a HUGE explosion and flash of white light...scared me to death! The power goes out. I'm left with a half-finished casserole and no power. I have no phone, no TV, no computer, no radio...so no way to find out about work today. I finished the casserole by lamp light. The party ends up being cancelled and I have a vat of Chicken Divan... and no party. But my coworkers were happy because they LOVE it and they get to eat it.
smile.gif
So lunch today was on me...Chicken Divan and salad with homemade Thai peanut ginger-lime dressing. Yum!

Ollie is...well...a Bean.
biggrin.gif
Good thing I don't own any firearms...

Now THAT is a great story.  I'm dying laughing thinking about that dog belching at you!  I had a dog that ate an entire package of disposable razors, and a bottle of multivitamins with iron.  The only thing that saved that sorry dog's behind was the iron in the vitamins.  He was so constipated, he pooped golfballs with sheds of razor encased for three days.  He was one dumb animal, but I loved him.

Yeah, pets are a trip, aren't they? I have one cat, Cerremis, that will steal crackers, just to chew on, leaving a pile of crumbs on the floor. I have Alex, that loves to steal leftovers. But he's well enough trained that a stern look will get him to back off, most of the time. He'll wait until you tell him okay, then come clean the plate of crumbs. My late cat recently passed, Loki, would come over and check out people food, but wouldn't touch it, not even bacon or sausage! Spoiled thing only liked tuna. And of course Apollo is gaining the nickname 'fernslayer' since he seems to think ferns=all you can eat salad bar. I keep finding green hairballs around the house, yuck! Time to get out the cayenne pepper again and cover the plants. *sigh*

But I love them all anyway. The vet bills prove it!
smile_l_32.gif

Might as well post pics of my mutt. She's losing fur so we make her wear a coat in the winter. The pic i took today turned out quite nice so I'll post it first but be warned the second picture is quite horrendous:

P1180023.jpg

You've been warned

P1010005.jpg

By the way she's a husky x german shephard and she's 8 years old. She also chases shadows and we believe this added stress may be the cause of her hair loss.

Zac

What a cutie pie...hair or no hair.
smile.gif
I think she's really pretty. I hope you can fix the hair loss problem. Poor lil' thing. Love the coat. I haven't found one that fits Ollie right. And for some reason, the ones I've bought aren't cut far enough up on the bottom to accommodate bodily functions. Something I find rather odd for makers of dog clothes.

Back