What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reverse osmosis water filter

Does any one use a RO filter to water there plants?
Does any one have automatic filler set up?
Jeff

I use a RO filter and two storage tanks. I highly recommend this setup once buying distilled water becomes a pain.

What exactly do you mean by "automatic filler"?

Capslock

I got an RO unit off ebay for about $100 bucks. Great deal! Having pure water in my home is way better than filling up 10 gallons of water a week at the grocery store
mad.gif
! Plus, I can use the water to run my humidifier constantly. I just wish I could figure out where my darn unit is leaking from
smile_h_32.gif

My R.O. unit fills a resevoir and has a valve that shuts off flow when it it full and opens again when the water level drops. Could that be what you mean by automatic?

KPG

Just use the search feature on the top of the forum and you'll find a ton of posts with setups and suggestions for RO. Good luck!

~ Brett

Not to mention R/O water tastes great!
laugh.gif

I have RO filtration that I use for plants and my mister. Looking for a filler valve that will fill my tank and shut off win full. I have seen valves that have a float that that opens the supply line to fill my tank, but what do you do with the waste water line? Maybe I need a solenoid valve connected to the float valve and to turn on the main water supply. I just have to find out where to put the waste water line. I guest I will run it out to my ponds.
Jeff

You should've bought one of these- <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SAFE-100GPD-MAXIMUS-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-WATER-FILTER_W0QQitemZ4424917756QQcategoryZ20684Q
QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SA....iewItem</a>

They are cheap, come with everything you could need in an RO unit, and the seller answers questions. You are most likely going to need some part that you don't have, such as an auto shutoff valve that keeps sink water from backing up into the unit where you have the waste line connected.

Jeff, here is where I got my float and auto shut off valve... purelyh2o.com auto shut off/float
I also have their RO system to fill my 55 gallon barrel, works well. purelyh2o.com ro system
Andrew

EDIT!!! THIS COMPANY SUCKS. LOL The products did not last... And there is ZERO customer service alhtough he keeps saying he is gonna "take care of me" i have still yet to see that (6-18-2006 today i just happened across this topic durring a search.
smile.gif
)

That is a good deal lol... shipping's a little high but I guess that's a lot of stuff to ship.

Cool, that’s Andrew and everyone else that’s what I am looking for. I have an 18 gal tank and I think it’s too small. I really don’t want to go bigger it will take up plant space.
Jeff

Man. When did you get yours NepG? I only paid $107 for mine a few months ago, including shipping. I always wait til things come down in price, like RO units and the newer types of light bulbs. They aaaaalways come down in price
smile_m_32.gif
!

Back