What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New toy

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I just got my TDS meter today that I ordered from ebay.
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/TDS4-TDS-Meter-Digital-Thermometer_W0QQitemZ7509701088QQcategoryZ4678QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrd
Z1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/TDS4-TD....iewItem</a>

From what little I've played with it, it is very nice.

I'm curious what my plants soil reads, but the main reason I got it is I'm going to take it hiking with me. When I locate plants in the wild I can take measurements of the areas they are growing.

Oh, that's a very cool idea! Get some more information as to what they're doin' in nature. Neat! I hope you let us in on the results.
smile.gif

Awsome idea Steve.
smile.gif
Are they expensive? It would be nice to have one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 14 2005,9:03)]Awsome idea Steve.
smile.gif
Are they expensive? It would be nice to have one.
You new to ebay? Click the fist link in this topic and you'll see the price.
smile.gif
Although, I get them in town cheaper. Just contact your local pure water product supplier.
smile.gif

Andrew

They have cheaper ones on ebay.
The cheapest I saw was $15.00 plus shipping.
Since I want to use this on CP sites I find, I bought the one that also has a temperature readout as well, which made it a little more expensive. It came out to $28.00 shipped.

I will be taking it to the Pine Barrens on our next trip in May.

I got my TSD meter with my RO system. It's a good thing to have.
Jeff

Sounds like a pretty interesting idea... do let us know how it turns out
smile.gif

There was one that was over $100.00 that also had a PH meter in it as well, but I'm not spending that much. Plus I think I saw a PH meter for around $20.00. Might pick one of those up as well.

Back