What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dawn

• Thread starter Lauderdale
  • Start date
“An' the dawn comes up like thunder outer China 'crost the Bay!”
Rudyard Kipling.
sunrise.jpg

sunrise_also.jpg

Lauderdale says; Breathes there a man who once in his life hasn’t wished he were;
“somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst”

Somewhere a man could have…
“a neater, sweeter maiden in a cleaner, greener land!
On the road to Mandalay”
======================
"While I’ve assumed the mantle of responsibility indeed, I don’t feel particularly responsible or mature inside and thank God I was luckier than the old soldier…for I got to go back to my “Mandalay”."
Lauderdale

To read Rudyard Kipling's "Mandalay", go to;
http://raysweb.net/poems/mandalay/mandalay.html

Awww...how beautiful! Makes me wanna...not be here. I haven't seen the ocean in a looong time.
confused.gif

Enjoyed reading "Mandalay".
smile.gif

those pictures are stupendous!

quite nice really... nice

I wonder if that old soldier ever got back to Mandalay?
I wonder if PAK will make her journey to see the ocean once again.
Thanks for the nice comments guys.  I am working on my photography skills.

The first is a fantastic photo. You have encompassed a feeling that stands alone. In both you have used the rule of thirds suberbly. The second also gives a strong feeling when used with verse, but may have difficulty standing alone. Very good.

Very nice. It reminded me of a picture I took a few weeks ago but of the sunset. It looked like the sky was on fire.

sunset.jpg

Every time I see a sunset scene like that...I always think of James Taylor's lyrics..."And hey babe, the sky's on fire, I'm dyin' ain't I?"
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In both you have used the rule of thirds suberbly.
Copper, I can assure that whatever I did was pure accident. I assume your comment refers to composition.  Could you please explain the rule.  

This is a photo I took of the first storm band of hurricane Katrina rolling across the Gulf Stream.  "Calm before the storm"
hurricane_katrina.sized.jpg

I zoomed in on the vessel that you see in the distance in the first photo.

"Ghost ship"
hurricane_katrina_also.sized.jpg

Very ominous photos. You have quite the view up there in your eagle's eyrie.
smile.gif

Back