What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idaho : Any CP's here ?

Hey folks ,
it's been a while since i've been here but i'm glad to be back . I spent msot of my times pianting houses and that is not one of my new professions . Have'nt got any new cp's yet but i would to see some in the wild for a change ( even though it's winter and snowing here ) So does anyone here know if there are any cp's here in Idaho or any botnaical gardens or stores that have them ?

Hello,

I live in south-western Montana and have found native cps throughout the mountains.  They can be a bit tricky to find because the populations are small and isolated.  In Northern Idaho you have D. rotundifolia and D. anglica.  In Glacier National Park there are sundews, butterworts, and bladderworts.  In Yellowstone National Park there are sundews (D. anglica and D. rotundifolia) and bladderworts (U. macrorhizza and U. minor).

A good book is:  "Carnivorous Plants of the United States and Canado", by Donald Schnell.

Brian

Tuyen?? Wow. LTNS. How are you? You weren't living in Idaho before were you? Good to see you back.
smile.gif
Hope you can stick around and get back into the CP scene.

Back